Super Contributor

Another Tria laser question--mine won't turn off.

I got the replacement charger (black) and set it all up to charge. After 3 hours the blue charge-me light went dark indicating it was fully charged. I removed the device from its cradle and the blue light went back on and the first level green light went on. I pressed the on/off button but it only would cycle through the 3 levels, not go off. I plugged it back into charge mode and the blue light is blinking again indicating it needs to be charged.

I am so close to sending it back to qvc. This purchase has been a lot of frustration and wasted time and I haven't even been able to use it yet. I'll call Tria again tomorrow and am curious what cure they'll suggest next.

Super Contributor

Re: Another Tria laser question--mine won't turn off.

I agree with persiflage -- don't give up yet. Especially because of frustration with the device! I recall one (or more?) users on EDS who had to get a new charger THREE TIMES -- but they persevered and were so happy with the results. Temporary frustration and aggravation, potential results to your skin that will have you happy you worked through the "tough times.". :-)

Super Contributor

Re: Another Tria laser question--mine won't turn off.

Thank you persiflage and MarenSeattle, I re-read the manual and the troubleshooting section. Yes, holding down the button did turn it off. But now I'm kinda waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

In the meantime I've been reading the sage advice of a user whose name I can't recall at the moment and her warnings about overlapping and the safety cautions and following the directions Tria provides.

I was not blessed with the gift of patience. However, I do persevere! I shall sally forth and begin at level 1 tonight.

O/T Just watched the Dave Clark 5 PBS special and was spirited back to my then 13 year old's crush on Mike Smith. Sigh.