Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't quite understand all the critical talk of chemica sunscreens.  This morning Naturium posted in Instagram "The Dew-Glow has more of a creamy/moisturizing base. The new UV Reflect is lightweight & soft-focused as well as water resistant. They both have the same SPF rating, so it comes down to preference of base formula.".

I am going to buy it when it becomes active on their website Friday.  It sounds like what I am looking for for wearing under make-up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @SurferWife and @JudyL !

Respected Contributor

Re: Another New SPF

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife , I have the Naturium spf...I like it alot.

I was testing, and eliminating some skincare products because I got a couple of break outs...but it wasn't from the Naturium, thankfully.   I'm back on all my skincare, and I'm doing fine, no breakouts.  

The Naturium is very nice, gets along with every other product and foundation.   I have Dew Glow, spf 50

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why anyone is against chemical sunscreen. The main reason would probably be that they don't like or are allergic to certain ingredients. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with chemical; it's only a matter of preference. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor
@teganslaw

No one is stating that they're against chemical sunscreen per se. As you said it's a matter of preference.

However, chemical sunscreens are not reef safe. Studies have shown that chemical sunscreen is toxic and has significant impacts to coral health and their reproduction.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another New SPF

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

@SurferWife , I have the Naturium spf...I like it alot.

I was testing, and eliminating some skincare products because I got a couple of break outs...but it wasn't from the Naturium, thankfully.   I'm back on all my skincare, and I'm doing fine, no breakouts.  

The Naturium is very nice, gets along with every other product and foundation.   I have Dew Glow, spf 50

@Dazlin Yes, that's mine too that I posted.  My favorite right now!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't quite understand all the critical talk of chemica sunscreens.  This morning Naturium posted in Instagram "The Dew-Glow has more of a creamy/moisturizing base. The new UV Reflect is lightweight & soft-focused as well as water resistant. They both have the same SPF rating, so it comes down to preference of base formula.".

I am going to buy it when it becomes active on their website Friday.  It sounds like what I am looking for for wearing under make-up.

@SurferWife when I do wear a sunscreen, it's usually a chemical one.  I really don't like any of them, but I prefer the chemical ones.  The mineral ones leave a white cast on the skin if you use enough.  I bought one in a tube like antiperspirant Neutrogena makes for my ski trip since I really only needed sunscreen below my mask.  But, when I got home, I noticed the white cast.  It didn't matter that much on the slopes, but I didn't care for it.  

Respected Contributor

Chemical vs. Mineral/Physical sunscreen is a personal choice, as I suppose Organic vs. Non Organic may be.  Here's an article that might shed some light on why some prefer not to use chemical sunscreen:

The trouble with ingredients in sunscreens | EWG's Guide to Sunscreens

Regular Contributor

What is the Mad Hippie ss like? Thanks 

Respected Contributor

I just stumbled onto this sunscreen on QVC and wondering if anyone has tried it?  Looks relatively new to the Q since the reviews are all from June:

A623886

Bloomeffects Tulip Dew SPF 50 Sunscreen Serum

Has all 5 star reviews on the Q but on Amazon it has 4.1 (mostly the negatives finding it greasy so this might not be for oily skin).  It's very pricey but I do see it onsale at Skinstore (and there are coupons you can use there as well).

And for those interested, it is mineral and lightly tinted.