Honored Contributor
On 6/14/2014 sun8shine said:

It is super sweet and super young and I really can't imagine anyone over 30 wearing it. It is not something I would wear personally but I am sure it is lovely on others.

On the other hand I really like alien (even though it is strong)

It's interesting that you mention age. I see this factor brought up in all sorts of ways in perfume reviews. Personally, I pay very little attention to it.

The idea that a certain group of perfumes can be worn only by a certain age group escapes me, other than perhaps if we're talking about a very young girl -- yes, then I would suggest her not going into heavy-duty musk scents perhaps or niche perfumes best worn by a connoisseur. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Other than that, I say wear whatever works for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It is super sweet and super young and I really can't imagine anyone over 30 wearing it. It is not something I would wear personally but I am sure it is lovely on others.

I don't find it in the least bit sweet. I find it erotic and a bit exotic. It's not flowery . It is unique and not in the least bit sweet imo.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Sweet is Falling in Love. There is a ""sugar"" fragrance that is sweet. Princess by Vera Wang is sweet. Angel is not sweet.

Honored Contributor
On 6/14/2014 Andreatoo said: I get the impression you're not referring to the Thierry Mugler Angel? but if you are the mens' is phenomenal.
I am referring to Angel by Thierry Mugler for women.
Honored Contributor
On 6/14/2014 winamac1 said:

I don't find it in the least bit sweet. I find it erotic and a bit exotic. It's not flowery . It is unique and not in the least bit sweet imo.

win, "sweet" is the first descriptor for "Angel" on fragrantica.com. And the perfume is grouped into Oriental Vanillas, which are by definition sweet to one degree or another. This is not a bad thing, any more than "woody" or "floral" or "gourmand" are bad things in a scent. It's how the the different notes are blended; and it's a matter of what appeals to a person. Here are all the descriptors in order for Angel:

main accords

sweet

patchouli

cacao

warm spicy

caramel

fruity

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

And here are the notes in full:

Top notes are melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy; middle notes are honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel.

Honored Contributor
Thanks suzy, no wonder I love the scent. These notes all appeal to me. I want the powder and body creme.
Honored Contributor

I like it. I only wear it, on occasion, in the Winter. It's a heavy scent. Guys LOVE this scent. I get a ton of compliments from men on this scent. I prefer Flowerbomb.

I like Flowerbomb too, and I have the rollerball, but something about Angel wins me over.
Honored Contributor
On 6/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:

win, "sweet" is the first descriptor for "Angel" on fragrantica.com. And the perfume is grouped into Oriental Vanillas, which are by definition sweet to one degree or another. This is not a bad thing, any more than "woody" or "floral" or "gourmand" are bad things in a scent. It's how the the different notes are blended; and it's a matter of what appeals to a person. Here are all the descriptors in order for Angel:

main accords

sweet

patchouli

cacao

warm spicy

caramel

fruity

Thanks Suzy. I find nothing sweet about it at all though. Hope all is well.

Honored Contributor
On 6/14/2014 Tissyanne said: Thanks suzy, no wonder I love the scent. These notes all appeal to me. I want the powder and body creme.

I should have added in my response to winamac that depending upon the quality of the blend, "sweet" can definitely be "exotic" and "sexy." Both this one and Pravda's Candy are Oriental scents, which generally are thought to encompass both those adjectives to some degree.

Back in the day I remember wearing Opium, a spicy Oriental and a masterpiece of its time. I doubt that I could wear it today, but I thought it was the definition of sexy and erotic.

Of course, then I moved on to Giorgio. OMG. Those were the days. {#emotions_dlg.scared}