Respected Contributor

@Reba954 wrote:

I think its unfair to say all third party sellers are selling inferior and outdated products.  I buy off Amazon and Ebay alot.  I am careful who I buy from...I always look for sellers who are rated 100%(on Ebay).  I have had nothing but great prices on great items. I am a make up junkie, and I know my products.  I only once got a counterfeit product, but that was years ago, before I learned what to look for in sellers.  Most of the products I get are brand new products...such as It cosmetics Confidence in a Neck Cream...at half the price! They are sealed, and cant possibly be old, because it was just introduced.

I agree. No problems here.

Respected Contributor

Never had an issue with Amazon makeup or skincare.

Enjoy your makeup.

Trusted Contributor

I recieved counterfit Deva Curl products from Amazon.com and I. will never order cosmetics or beauty products again. 

Valued Contributor

Another thing to keep in mind when you buy makeup off Amazon is that when you buy items from a particular third-party seller, if the item is "Fulfilled by Amazon," in other words shipped by Amazon rather than the seller, you may not necessarily be shipped inventory that was sent to Amazon by that seller. Amazon will ship you the item from their general inventory. This is one reason shoppers end up with conterfeit items even when they stick to buying from sellers with good reputations. The sellers have no control over what merchandise Amazon is shipping out, or where the merchandise came from. It could have come from another third-party seller. Your best bet is to buy items that are shipped directly by reputable sellers rather than Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

Another thing to keep in mind when you buy makeup off Amazon is that when you buy items from a particular third-party seller, if the item is "Fulfilled by Amazon," in other words shipped by Amazon rather than the seller, you may not necessarily be shipped inventory that was sent to Amazon by that seller. Amazon will ship you the item from their general inventory. This is one reason shoppers end up with conterfeit items even when they stick to buying from sellers with good reputations. The sellers have no control over what merchandise Amazon is shipping out, or where the merchandise came from. It could have come from another third-party seller. Your best bet is to buy items that are shipped directly by reputable sellers rather than Amazon.

@AuntMame  And I read and believe exactly the opposite. When you are shipped items from a third party seller, you, as the customer, assume all the risk and when Amazon does the shipping, they are responsible for the product they send you.  Which is correct, hmmmmm?  I'll have to reseach this more.

Both Amazon and Ebay are both notorious for selling fake cosmetics, skincare and haircare procducts, mostly high end ones. I have received fake products and I've lost money and I had to spend too much time fighting to get a refund.  I do not understand how one "knows" an Amazon or Ebay seller.  A 100% rating means nothing, I've sold one item (used) on Ebay myself and I have a !00% rating.  It's "let the buyer beware" all the time on these platforms.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Never had an issue with Amazon makeup or skincare.

Enjoy your makeup.

Me either...nor e-bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I received fake perfume from Amazon years ago. However I've ordered lots of other things that seem just fine.

Valued Contributor

If I order something from Amazon,  I make sure it is fulfilled by Amazon.  I have ordered some Tarte and Mally, from Amazon...and it has been fulfilled by Tarte and Mally, no problems.

Valued Contributor

Amazon has EVERYTHING and you receive your order in a day or two

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

Same as Ebay, too much counterfeit, dangerous makeup, especially high end.  When I used a lot of Laura Geller I was signed up for the sale alerts on her site, the prices were great, sometimes 80% off.

@Harvard99 Indeed! And counterfeit products has been proven to be FAKES through product testing, too. I don’t risk it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.