Honored Contributor

Saw on Google tonight that Amazon is planning a "beauty products event" starting October 4th to October 25th.  The article said that "the event is designed to lure consumers ahead  of the holiday season and help make Amazon a go-to destination for beauty and personal care items."

Just thought I would let everyone know.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @JudyL ! I'm eyeing a beauty tool (hot rollers) on there, so I'll wait for the event.

Honored Contributor

I've been purchasing a lot of beauty items from Amazon. If the price is the same I'd pay elsewhere, why not receive it in 2 days w/ free shipping?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've been purchasing a lot of beauty items from Amazon. If the price is the same I'd pay elsewhere, why not receive it in 2 days w/ free shipping?

@Shanus I've bought a few beauty items off Amazon and have been fine but have read stories like @Trinity11 about people being burned by fake products. The 2 day free shipping can't be beat though!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I've bought a few beauty items off Amazon and have been fine but have read stories like @Trinity11 about people being burned by fake products. The 2 day free shipping can't be beat though!

@JudyL   Many times it tells you the supplier, where it's coming from. Unless I recognize and trust that company/site, I don't order that item.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL   Many times it tells you the supplier, where it's coming from. Unless I recognize and trust that company/site, I don't order that item.

@Shanus thats what I do too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Beauty Event

[ Edited ]

@JudyL @To avoid this, try to purchase items that say shipped from and sold by Amazon. You can also use sold by the parent company and shipped by Amazon. Beauty Blender is an example of this option. Finally, some items are incredibly low priced if ordered through Amazon Fresh Grocery Store. These are items you would find in a grocery store beauty aisles such as Kiss Press On Nails. These items will be delivered with a grocery order.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Beauty Event

[ Edited ]

They don't do a good enough job regulating their site for me to trust buying stuff like that from them.

Counterfeits have been a problem, price gouging at the beginning of the pandemic was a problem, and sometimes I've looked at the reviews for a product, and they aren't even reviews for that product.  They are reviews for a completely different product.  So people who look at star ratings only think they are getting something highly-rated, but the ratings aren't even for the product they are looking to purchase.

And God forbid you have a customer service problem and aren't Prime.  I had an issue with them leaving an item I paid for out of the box, and they told me they could refund me my money, but could not re-send the item (even though it was shipped by them).  They told me I had to reorder the item.  The problem with this is that I would then have to pay shipping.  I told them I didn't think that was right, considering it was their mistake.  The customer service rep told me they could help me with that if I was a Prime member.  I told him I refuse to pay into Jeff Bezos' Golden Toilet Fund just to get the level of customer service I can get for free elsewhere.

Amazon sucks.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

You've got to be careful ordering beauty products from Amazon.  They do not police their vendors and even if a company shows to have a Amazon storefront, it can still be bogus.  And most of the prices I've checked (it's been awhile tho) the Amazon price is higher.  I'll check it out tho Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

Amazon has me over a barrel.  I depend on them SO much since I live in such a rual area and now with a bum knee.  WM pick up service is GREAT! but as we all know, WM doesn't have everything.  I'm a Prime member and love it!  No problems what so ever with returns or items that don't show up (rarely).  Two days ago a container of cold coffee spilled in my purse.  My brand new blood pressure cuff was in my purse and now the window of the bp cuff had cold brew coffee floating in it Smiley Sad  I called Amazon (never hurts to ask) and told them what happened to my day old bp cuff and asked if they could replace it.  I know! but my motto is "it never hurts to ask" (nicely).  They said YES Smiley Surprised  Then I discovered it wasn't the new one after all, it was my old one.  So, I don't mind paying into Jeff Bezo's "golden toilet fund" (whatever that is) if being Prime gets me that kind of service.  Also there have been items I've wanted to return and they tell me to keep it...throw it away or donate it.  The last two items they told me to keep was Purito makeup and these lipglosses (I should have known better).  The products smelled and tasted like a west Texas oil field.