Honored Contributor

I remember when almay first started off and had a counter at Marshall Field's in Chicago at their flagship store. I recently purchased a mascara that I like from almay -- Intense color voluminizing mascara in brown. Rimmel has a very nice BB cream.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I picked up some of those same eyeshadows in the little black case. They were a steal at target. I got a peach and a cream that I have been wearing all summer - the peach looks like a tawny peach in the pot but goes on like a perfect nude buff - the cream looks almost white (but more natural). I got a lavender and a dark purple too. The lavender is OK - the dark purple is not really pigmented enough for me - but I still really like them and find them to be long lasting.

I also love the Get Up and Grow Waterproof Mascara for every day wear. It is really good and it compares favorably with much more expensive brands. I like that it is not clumpy and it doesn't make my eyelashes feel crunchy. It lengthens, separates and darkens and really does a good job not migrating even in rain/sweat.

I have heard great things about the bb and the liquid eyeliner in the pots but I haven't tried them yet. Good to know about the lip gloss.

Honored Contributor

The Almay mascara in the fat white tube is the only one that really doesn't make my eyes feel like they have "bugs" in them! Plus, the formula really coats the lashes well and doesn't smudge. I don't use waterproof as I feel it is terribly hard to get off.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I have the same $4 off coupon that Good4u mentioned. I'm due for a new mascara so I think I'm going to try the Get Up and Grow. Thanks for the recommendation!

Frequent Contributor

Do the Almay eye makeup remover pads sting? I have been using Clinique but it's very expensive. I've been afraid to try anything else because I've been worried it might sting. A few years ago I did try a neutrogena eye makeup remover and it stung my eyes terribly.

Valued Contributor
On 8/14/2014 Barbara Mom of 5 said:

Do the Almay eye makeup remover pads sting? I have been using Clinique but it's very expensive. I've been afraid to try anything else because I've been worried it might sting. A few years ago I did try a neutrogena eye makeup remover and it stung my eyes terribly.

No, Barbara Mof5, they most certainly do not. Nor do they leave any greasy residue behind. I love Clinique's eye remover lotion too, but have only tried it when my friend gets a GWP and she does not use eye makeup. Couldn't afford it otherwise. So the Almay is a very inexpensive and effective brand to try. You should not be disappointed or at least, I haven't.

Super Contributor

For awhile I used Almay foundation. It came in a tube and was white when you put it on but blended into your skin tone. It came in either 2 or 3 shade choices, I believe. I liked it very much but then moved on to try something else.

Super Contributor

I've been using the Almay eye makeup remover pads for years. I have ultra sensitive skin and these never sting or irritate. They also don't leave a greasy feeling around the eye like some others do. I have several of the shadow softies (the little black pots of eye shadow). My absolute favorite is honeydew, which looks like a scary green in the pot, but is sheer and lovely when applied. I also like the liquid shadow + color primer. I can use it alone or under eye shadow. I have both the blue and the khaki.

Respected Contributor

great thread! i actually love almay eye shadows because they are hypoallergenic. that and clinique is all i can tolerate on my eyes. but i have not yet seen the little black case that you describe, leaves. i will definitely look into this. i have a tube of that rimmel bb cream, kat ... i just havent tried it yet. i think i will try the almay mascara, angel. i have a feeling that i will like it!

Honored Contributor
On 8/14/2014 AngelPuppy1 said:

The Almay mascara in the fat white tube is the only one that really doesn't make my eyes feel like they have "bugs" in them! Plus, the formula really coats the lashes well and doesn't smudge. I don't use waterproof as I feel it is terribly hard to get off.

That's their "One Coat Thickening".