Honored Contributor

This months issue has an interesting , background look at the QVC. beauty business. It is interesting and one thing they mention is that beauty comprises almost a fifth of all their business.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
  • I was a subscriber to the magazine for more years than I can count. I finally let my subscription lapse because I didn't like the changes to the magazine, having each issue dedicated to one topic. Of course now there is an article I'm interested in when I no longer get the magazine!
Trusted Contributor

I've heard that Allure has changed for the worse but I'll make sure to take a look at this issue. Thank you for letting us know!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

I've heard that Allure has changed for the worse but I'll make sure to take a look at this issue. Thank you for letting us know!

@JBKO It's actually a pretty good issue in addition to the QVC article. It's the best of beauty with a lot of recommendations.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I used to love Allure......I was a subscriber for a long time, until recently.However I have always loved their Best Of Beauty Edition, so I will purchase this one!

Thanks for the Mention and Reminder...

Honored Contributor

I recently canceled all remaining magazines. There’s nothing of interest to me. Articles, styles, photos and even most makeup articles & ads are no longer for my age now. 

Many had had articles on dating, politics, cramps during that time of the month (been there 25 yrs. ago), and how to move up the corporate ladder. Me?

If I spot an issue, while food shopping that has something of interest, I can purchase it then. Southern Living and People magazine come to DH’s office for the waiting room. I enjoy those.

Respected Contributor

Allure went south when Linda Wells left. I cancelled way back then. I had been a subscriber for years.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

I had a subscription for 3 yrs & gave it up recently.  It was getting too political & featuring subjects I have no interest in.  I wanted a beauty magazine to read about new products & trends & old standbys that still work.  A little fashion is good.  If I wanted to read about politics & current affairs I would buy Time mag.

Super Contributor

Talk about going political, O magazine has and I will not renew.

Valued Contributor

I only buy hairdo magazines now - even though I never heard of half the people in them (LOL!)  After buying each issue since its inception, I'm now done with Allure.