Honored Contributor

Aging Naturally is a Beautiful Thing

CC38E3C4-7C61-4A4D-8AFA-A38E9E86BAA4-50935-000031E8FC6C0A9B.jpegKatharine Hepburn was a beautiful example of this. Still beautiful with natural aging skin...teeth that were not perfect and white.  Her youthful beauty from years prior still shinned through with  that lovely smile of hers.

just refreshing

302CD966-FBF8-4C29-AF22-A1BA8C5BE3C2-50935-000031E7B725512F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Aging Naturally is a Beautiful Thing

And what a great actress she was.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

So reminds me of my beautiful mother and grandmother. Both aged gracefully and never spent time or money on beauty items. Ivory soap and water and Jergens lotion. There might be a message hidden there somewhere. Thanks for sharing @SeaMaiden 🙋🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

Physically Hepburn aged well and she was such a talented actress for most of her life.  However, with aging gracefully, Katherine Hepburn also had much wisdom, was able to live her life as she wanted and didn't fight the aging process.  She was as beautiful on the inside as the outside and a true actress of her time and now a legend in the world of entertainment.

Respected Contributor

It helps to have been a natural beauty in the first place with impeccable bone structure.

There is nothing wrong with making the most of what you do have with attractive hair and makeup. I call THAT aging gracefully. 

Honored Contributor

It's called real life.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  All this work and fake body parts is for the birds.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Women who are strong, confident, and secure are the ones that truly impress me with their natural looks. Their beauty is real and authentic. 

Anyone can get fillers or botox, have surgery, or buy makeup and other beauty products, and color their hair. But, it is not the real them and I think they are often less happy. 

What is wrong with just being yourself? Way too much emphasis is placed on appearance in our society. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with what is being said here. At the same time, aging naturally is not always physically beautiful looking. And physical beauty is subjective. Why put all this pressure on ourselves and each other? Do or don't do whatever the heck you want with your looks.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Women who are strong, confident, and secure are the ones that truly impress me with their natural looks. Their beauty is real and authentic. 

Anyone can get fillers or botox, have surgery, or buy makeup and other beauty products, and color their hair. But, it is not the real them and I think they are often less happy. 

What is wrong with just being yourself? Way too much emphasis is placed on appearance in our society. 

@RetRN, I am not particularly vain, but I really think that the fact that I color my hair and use some beauty products does not make any less real or less happy. In fact, doing so makes me less depressed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland