Respected Contributor

I need recs for eyebrow pencil type and color to fill in sparse gray eyebrows, ALSO, Id like  advice for color and name of easy eyeliner to apply to this 66 beauty challenged chick.  I guess at this age my motto is less is more!!  What do you experts suggest?

Honored Contributor

Benefit makes a liquid brow.  I buy the lightest and it is perfect.  It is way darker (as they all are) than it says.  It has tiny hairs that adhere to what's on your brow.  With me as I've gotten old(er) my brows are disappearing, I have no hair on arms, legs!  I don't like brows that look drawn on (no pencils for me).  This stuff stays like glue.  I get mine at Ulta but I've bought it at HSN and on line.  It's won numerous awards:

An eyebrow filler gel for natural full eyebrows

Super Contributor

I am in your age range and use L'0real eye brow pencil and eyeliner. The brow pencil has color on one end (use blonde shade), and wax on the other to tame those wiry brows. The liners come in lots of colors and are very easy to apply without pulling your lid. I buy them at my local drugstore, very reasonable. 

Honored Contributor

Steer away from black unless your eyes are brown.  Laura Mercier has wonderful products, they cost a little more but perform and last.  Also check out Mary Kay.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like the Skinny Pencil from IT Cosmetics or Anastasia Dip Brow.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice Needed Ladies!

[ Edited ]

YBF on Amazon  (same as IT ) only 1/2 price and on auto delivery

Honored Contributor

@meem120  I like the Your Best Friend (YBF) eyebrow pencil.  It has an automatic pencil on one end and a spoolie brush on the other.  The color is applied from light to dark depending on how much pressure you use.  It's very similar in application to the It Cosmetics Brow Power, but YBF is a cruelty free company.

I'm a few years younger than you and these days I find that rather than a traditional eyeliner (doesn't matter if it's liquid, pencil, or gel), I prefer using eyeshadow (a little bit darker, but in the same family, as what's on the rest of my lid) and a narrow brush for application and then getting my mascara all the way down at the base of the lashes.  To me, the look is softer, more open and youthful looking, and more attractive for gals in our age group than harsh dark line that can actually make our eyes look smaller.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the IT cosmetics Brow Power in Blonde, and even with the lightest possible touch, I looked like Morticia Adams!!! The best blonde I've found is Clinique's slim pencil in blonde. It's perfect, without looking overdone!!

Trusted Contributor

Make  sure you match your hair color. They have gray on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in your same age range and I use YBF brow pencil. It is a "tru" universal shade and the most forgiving to apply. It comes with an instruction booklet which is helpful. (I find this on HSN)

I like Bobbi Brown eye liner gel in espresso. It's like a brown/black and I think it's a softer look than black. It lasts forever and it's easy to remove with Purity or Lancome eye makeup remover.