Valued Contributor

Came across many Acure products at Marshalls yesterday. Always wanted to try this line and picked up the Day Brightening Cream, Cloud Cream and the eye cream for $7.99 each. Hope I love them as always like a good bargain!

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

Came across many Acure products at Marshalls yesterday. Always wanted to try this line and picked up the Day Brightening Cream, Cloud Cream and the eye cream for $7.99 each. Hope I love them as always like a good bargain!

@Theresa1121   Please be careful w/ bargain priced skincare at discount stores. At such low prices, it could be counterfeit, out of date, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

@Theresa1121   Please be careful w/ bargain priced skincare at discount stores. At such low prices, it could be counterfeit, out of date, etc. 

could be

but I have . not had any issues with any makeup or beauty stuff bought there,  you need to check that they have not been opened and touched more than anything. 

but it's always good to be careful

Respected Contributor

Acure recently changed their packaging so good sales on the old. I found some great prices on ebay. Their night cream is the best....I use day and night. Great base for mineral makeup.

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

could be

but I have . not had any issues with any makeup or beauty stuff bought there,  you need to check that they have not been opened and touched more than anything. 

I was just shopping at Marshalls when I saw a young girl open up a lipstick and try it on...👀. Guess she didn’t like it because she put it back....

That was it for me!  I never buy anything that is not sealed at discount stores.  Actually I don’t buy cosmetics at discount stores anyway....

Valued Contributor
All tubes were sealed with a foil pull off tab.
Trusted Contributor

I love their shampoo and conditioner for volumizing hair. 

Esteemed Contributor
and old
@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

could be

The TJX (TJMaxx and Marshalls buyers are a world class buying team).  They are NOT buying counterfeit products or items which have been sitting in someone's warehouse for years.  They source in many ways (package changes by a brand and overstock are two).  Some products are direct from manufacturing factories (the same ones which make the name brands we know and love) and the factory slaps a label on the products to specifically sell to discount retailers.  As @jackthebear  points out the key thing is to make sure the box or container has not been opened by other customers.  A lot of the skincare and fragrance have security devices on the boxes which prohibit customers from opening and touching the contents, but most of the makeup is not protected in this manner, so please be wary of a box which appears to have been opened even if the product has been carefully put back inside.   

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:
and old
@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

could be

The TJX (TJMaxx and Marshalls buyers are a world class buying team).  They are NOT buying counterfeit products or items which have been sitting in someone's warehouse for years.  They source in many ways (package changes by a brand and overstock are two).  Some products are direct from manufacturing factories (the same ones which make the name brands we know and love) and the factory slaps a label on the products to specifically sell to discount retailers.  As @jackthebear  points out the key thing is to make sure the box or container has not been opened by other customers.  A lot of the skincare and fragrance have security devices on the boxes which prohibit customers from opening and touching the contents, but most of the makeup is not protected in this manner, so please be wary of a box which appears to have been opened even if the product has been carefully put back inside.   

it's one thing to open the lipstick but you don't need to test it on your hand,  the staff are aware of it and don't like it either

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121   There are other sources online that are safe for Acure products at discounted prices:  iherb.com; vitacost.com and others.  I always shop at iherb.

kindness is strength