Super Contributor

Re: Acure Organics Argan Oil vs. Josie Maran

An Acure CS Expert told me that their Argan Oil is fairly traded by the UCFA Women's Cooperative in Moracco. It is 100% pure unrefined cold pressed by hand and first press from the nut of the Argan tree. In addition, they utilize a UV protection similar to a brown bottle. Hope that info helps if anyone was interested in trying this compared to Josie Maran's. It certainly is less expensive than JM.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Poppet1 said:

An Acure CS Expert told me that their Argan Oil is fairly traded by the UCFA Women's Cooperateve in Moracco. It is 100% pure unrefined cold pressed by hand and first press from the nut of the Argan tree. In addition, they utilize a UV protection similar to a brown bottle. Hope that info helps if anyone was interested in trying this compared to Josie Maran's. It certainly is less expensive than JM.

I have to wonder why that information is not listed anywhere on their website or their packaging. They do call that out for their marula oil, but I could find no reference to their argan oil being cold pressed on their site or on the box or bottle I checked at Whole Foods.

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 8/18/2014 Poppet1 said:

An Acure CS Expert told me that their Argan Oil is fairly traded by the UCFA Women's Cooperateve in Moracco. It is 100% pure unrefined cold pressed by hand and first press from the nut of the Argan tree. In addition, they utilize a UV protection similar to a brown bottle. Hope that info helps if anyone was interested in trying this compared to Josie Maran's. It certainly is less expensive than JM.

I have to wonder why that information is not listed anywhere on their website or their packaging. They do call that out for their marula oil, but I could find no reference to their argan oil being cold pressed on their site or on the box or bottle I checked at Whole Foods.

It's a great selling point. They should have it on their packaging for sure!

I love both products but, note that Marula oil has a tendancy to clog pores, Argan oil does not!

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is almost 9 years old!!Smiley Surprised

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

This thread is almost 9 years old!!Smiley Surprised

I was wondering why there were no comments on Morgens Active Argan, now I know