Respected Contributor

As a Tova devotee, a little known fact is the jasmine used in Tova Signature is called "absolute jasmine".  In obtaining the oil a process called  solvent extraction is used. A solvent is combined with plant material. The solvent draws the oil out of the plant material, and the solvent and oil are then carefully separated. Oils produced from solvent extraction are referred to as “absolute oils”.  Tova stated the price of the asolute jasmine costs a whopping $76,000 .... per pound!! 

Honored Contributor

@Reever I love the smell of Jasmine...maybe I should get a sample of Tova Signature.  Has this scent changed over the years like beloved Philosophy Amazing Grace and so many others...or has it remained true to the original.

Honored Contributor

I remember her saying that. But then didn't she change the formula or the system changed it for her? Can't remember the details but all perfume took a turn for the worse at that time.

I was just wondering the other day, what she died of? I checked the internet but it seems that it's none of our business! OK, I will respect that. Lovely lady.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I remember her saying that. But then didn't she change the formula or the system changed it for her? Can't remember the details but all perfume took a turn for the worse at that time.

I was just wondering the other day, what she died of? I checked the internet but it seems that it's none of our business! OK, I will respect that. Lovely lady.

@Judaline    I found this...

Tova Borgnine passed away at the age of 80 years, on February 26, 2022. She was having some health problems and had minor illnesses last year. In November 2021, she shared the news of her health and revealed that she caught the weather flu. 

She had battled breast cancer previously... perhaps the "weather Flu" was Covid?
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline    I found this...

Tova Borgnine passed away at the age of 80 years, on February 26, 2022. She was having some health problems and had minor illnesses last year. In November 2021, she shared the news of her health and revealed that she caught the weather flu. 

She had battled breast cancer previously... perhaps the "weather Flu" was Covid?

That's basically what I read, too. But I think you're onto something. I'll bet that was it, altho we'll never know.