Honored Contributor

It's a technique using transparent soap and the spoolie end of brow brush or eyebrow pencil to brush brow hairs up & fill them in naturally.

Well, what's a laid off makeup artist to do? I'm practicing my techniques, doing deep conditioners on my hair, face masks, mani/pedi is tomorrow.....🤪

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE TRIED SOAP BROWS?

I've never heard of soap brows.  Sounds interesting 🤔

Wish you were here @Shanus 😊 so you could practice on me.  I have a hair appointment later this week but I have a feeling it's going to get cancelled.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan   Google soap brow videos on you tube. Interesting to watch. Instead of lathering the spoolie on soap w/ water, I'm trying it out w/ setting spray to see if it holds up longer and won't get flakey. 

Yes, all salons here are closed. Mani/pedi places, too. There was a run on hair dye at Target last week just like the toilet paper. I almost got trampled!!! Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about roots. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's a technique using transparent soap and the spoolie end of brow brush or eyebrow pencil to brush brow hairs up & fill them in naturally.

Well, what's a laid off makeup artist to do? I'm practicing my techniques, doing deep conditioners on my hair, face masks, mani/pedi is tomorrow.....🤪

Yes I tried it with glycerin bar soap. It works, but I just spray a little hairspray on my spoolie brush and set my eyebrows after eyebrow pencil. It really works well. Try it......it takes very little hairspray on your spoolie brush.🙋🏻‍♀️❤️
Respected Contributor

Are you saying they are closing all the Hair/Beauty Salon's now too?  In my area I haven't heard that at all....just no dining in restaurants.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   Yep. In central NC closed on Friday. Customers stopped coming in and stylists didn't want to be that close to those showing up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where do you live @tsavorite ? Maybe you can still get to the drugstore for boxed hair dye if that's your concern....

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite maybe try giving your hairdresser a call and see if she could match your color for you with an over the counter color. (If you only get color done and no highlights.)
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Where do you live @tsavorite ? Maybe you can still get to the drugstore for boxed hair dye if that's your concern....

I just had my hair colored last Thursday....due to go back in 3wks....the salon hasn't called me to cancel future appts.  I am thinking they haven't shut down.  My stylist didn't think anything of doing hair....the place was busy...like usual no problems.  Perhaps they haven't done that in my area.  They did close gyms but that's all I can think of. 

I hope I don't have to color my own hair....but I will try if I have to!

Honored Contributor

I would think that hair salons would close.  I mean they are working pretty closely with people.  I don't plan on going to one until this is contained.  I don't color my hair any longer and I don't have a complicated hair style, so I'd rather just not worry about it for now.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin