Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Wow, look at this! I, too, use the 4 layer mask. (didn't know about a moist face first). In this video she is showing how to use it. She doesn't moisten her face first. She put ALL of the products under her eyes except #4 when the instructions specifically say only put #2 and #3 under the eyes. Talk about confusing??

This is only a  minute and a half video:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=active+argan+4+layer+mask&type=E211...

@Judaline 

Layer #1 is deep purification - very gentle exfoliation. So, if you are using this, no need to put on damp skin, since it is designed to exfoliate the top [dead] layer. I suppose you could....  Damp helps penetration.

Any of these layers can be put directly under eyes. I use them that way, no problems. I just used #3 & #4 this a.m., brushed my teeth and rinsed.

Anyway, I don't moisten w/ just plain water. I make my own toner and use that to moisten anything I put on top: moisten-treatment, moisten-moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Wow, look at this! I, too, use the 4 layer mask. (didn't know about a moist face first). In this video she is showing how to use it. She doesn't moisten her face first. She put ALL of the products under her eyes except #4 when the instructions specifically say only put #2 and #3 under the eyes. Talk about confusing??

This is only a  minute and a half video:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=active+argan+4+layer+mask&type=E211...

@Judaline 

Layer #1 is deep purification - very gentle exfoliation. So, if you are using this, no need to put on damp skin, since it is designed to exfoliate the top [dead] layer. I suppose you could....  Damp helps penetration.

Any of these layers can be put directly under eyes. I use them that way, no problems. I just used #3 & #4 this a.m., brushed my teeth and rinsed.

Anyway, I don't moisten w/ just plain water. I make my own toner and use that to moisten anything I put on top: moisten-treatment, moisten-moisturizer.

Someone here said it is important to have damp skin before applying and I had never heard that and have never done that. So if she puts #1 under her eyes (video) I might try it. But my concealer has alpha hydroxy in it so maybe not. hahaha Confused yet?

My retinol requires spritzing with a toner before applying so I use Evan Healy hydrosol spritzers. They are so nice and there are thorough descriptions of each on their site.

Thanks for the info!