Valued Contributor

Re: A bit O/T: What do the Beauties think of Antioxidant supplements, like ALs?

On 7/21/2014 qvcaddition said:

I have some of his vitamins and almost brought a lot more today. Sixty minutes had a study a couple of months ago, following a few ninety year old people. The results of them being so active and in good health had nothing to do with vitamens, it was drinking two glasses of red wine a night, walking and dancing, keeping active, this I believe. In fact Leslie Stahl, the interviewer, ask the Dr. That was montering this group about taking vitamins, and the answer was vitamins did not help at all.

I think I actually saw some of this, qvc. While I generally agree with this, I love hearing stories from those that really feel they're a key to their good health. For me, the ones that make a difference are the ones that I can see affect my numbers. D can do this and another one, imo, that has good science behind it is fish oil or flax oil. However, the fish oil thing has been debunked a bit, too. So where's a girl to turn?{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Valued Contributor

Thank you, maren and desi.

Valued Contributor

Definitely YES to adding Antioxidants! Lots of C & Red & Blue & Purple foods best OR organic dark juice concentrates. Try Superfoods like Acai & Goji Berry (you can get them in powder form to add to smoothies). The More the Better for your whole body --- our generation had to grow up in a more toxic environment than our parents' so we NEED added nutrients & protection. Besides --- is there anything tastier than fresh berries on Greek Yogurt??? Then add concentrated supplement cuz you can't overdo it. Good for skin & hair too!
Valued Contributor

Hi beautty-Thank you for your reply.Smiley Happy I love berries, eat veggies, read & know about Acai, goji, etc., but don't know how important the additional supplement would be. I know many say, well,it can't hurt. However, I dunno if spending my $$ on an antioxidant pill is worth it. Still contemplating.
Trusted Contributor

I take his 1 Million ORAC and have for years. I've had a personal trainer and my naturopath both give it a big thumbs-up after looking at the ingredient list.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Morgan. I think I missed his special deals, but I'm going to go look.