Respected Contributor

A Blast from the Past-Erno Laszlo Sea Mud

soap and pre cleansing oil being sold on the Q. The kit is a travel size and has been on another shopping website (starts w/H). I have been using the EL cleansers since Oct.'13 and can attest that my rosacea hasn't flared, the oil and soap combo have completely cleaned pores on my nose and unclogging my chin ( a bad area for me from a past Efudex treatment) in a way that hasn't worsened breakout possibilities. Yes, it is pricey but the 3oz bar of soap has stood up to 2x daily use for 3 months. The product I do go through is the Light Controlling Lotion, a toner, and I purchase that through the EL website for the large 12 oz size now. I can also recommend the Luminous moisturizer, but for the price, Estee Lauder's Idealist is good for dark spots,...the jury is still out on this product.

Respected Contributor

Re: A Blast from the Past-Erno Laszlo Sea Mud

BTW-no animal testing.

Super Contributor

I used Erno Lazlo back in the '70's when I was single and could splurge. It really did get rid of my oily skin and breakouts, altho I think most customers then were professional women in their 30's and 40's not late teens, early 20's. it was sold in an upscale bed and bath boutique, but when it moved to the prestige department store in town the price went WAY up. It's still sold in only one store in town that I know of. I can't justify the price, but seeing the travel sizes on the Q reminded me of the Lazlo ritual and I've resumed that with the cleansing oil I'm using now. It's a fantastic product.

Respected Contributor

You are right about the price and sales in dept. stores. I had acne as a teen, pretty bad at one point and became very shy as a result. We could not afford this in any way, shape, or form. I finally was sent to a derm who was able to get my acne under control after 6 months, but it was a struggle for a time there. The soap is iconic and lasts if kept in the soap container and not used in the shower (personal experience).

Valued Contributor

Like okiebug I used Lazlo products back in the 70's when I was single and could spend lots on my skincare. Back then my skin was oily, I think I was an 11 o'clock on the EL spectrum, and I used all the oils and toners plus the black soap. I remember well filling up the sink with hot water and doing the 30 splashes! My little bathroom was lined with Lazlo bottles. I was so into the whole regime. I used to buy the line at Bergdorf Goodman's. These days, at 62, I'm into Dr Denese and Isomers,looking for moisture and trying to hang on to every molecule of collagen I have left!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I still use both but lately I've been using Tatcha Cleansing oil and the sea mud soap. Once the Tatcha is gone, I still have some Phelityl cleansing oil to use up but I'm probably have to buy a new bar of soap.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Highlighted
Contributor

On 1/11/2014 virgosun said:

Like okiebug I used Lazlo products back in the 70's when I was single and could spend lots on my skincare. Back then my skin was oily, I think I was an 11 o'clock on the EL spectrum, and I used all the oils and toners plus the black soap. I remember well filling up the sink with hot water and doing the 30 splashes! My little bathroom was lined with Lazlo bottles. I was so into the whole regime. I used to buy the line at Bergdorf Goodman's. These days, at 62, I'm into Dr Denese and Isomers,looking for moisture and trying to hang on to every molecule of collagen I have left!!!!!

I used it in the '80's, had bad acne. You brought back memories of the sink filling thing and the many splashes...... Today I use Tatcha oil and enzyme powder and love it, still get acne at 50 y/o....

Super Contributor

Ha! I just saw the thread on African Black Soap and immediately thought of my EL Sea Mud soap! Ditto - used in the 70's (so did Annie Hall's friend!) and was pleased with the results. We could only get it at I Magnin or Frederick & Nelson (a Marshall Field store) in Seattle. I was a 1 'o clock. :-).

To this day, I rinse at least 30 times (but not with the same water) and have often thought of how EL got me started on my skin care obsession. I've wondered how the Shake It would look compared to some other "foundations" I'm not too happy with.

I think I'll pick up the travel kit -- just for old times' sake!

Thanks for the scroll down memory lane!

Anybody else remember Etherea? :-)

Trusted Contributor

Another 1:00 here! Used the line decades ago and my skin loved it!
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Oh, you got me interested maestra! We have had many of the same skin issues and now I'm intrigued. I have that same congestion problem in my chin and nose since the carac (like efudux) treatment I had. I have never tried EL, although I remember seeing it in the department stores when I was younger. I always wanted to try it, but we just couldn't afford it then.