Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Hi Everyone, Have a great day!!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone - I posted another picture, but somehow it has disappeared. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

good morning. the nest has been built. it's so amazing that they started from scratch and built this new nest together. lately, they've been padding it with lots of soft moss and pine straw. soon, it will be time for eggs. there's been a lot of drama during the last 2 years that I've been observing this awesome process. I'm looking forward to seeing what this season brings.

http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

good night to all.

here's a Biloxi shrimp boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies.  Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be here.  I am defintely going to decorate for Christmas this year as I was unable to last year.  I earned some rewards from my charge card so I ended up with a Toaster/Broiler Oven.  Since my oven is not self cleaning, I am getting tired of cleaning it on my own.  I thought this smaller counter version would be best.  It's Fall weather now and we have it in the 50's.  If it warms up it is around 70.  It will be interesting to see what kind of winter we have after that hot summer this year.  Enjoy your evening.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone! I just got home. Yes, I joined my friends for taco/margarita night. We had a really good time and they made me promise to just meet them on Tuesdays after 5 whenever I can. They don't go every week, but most. I'm feeling a sense of no responsibilities for the next few weeks, and I'm happy to be off!

@MariotaMurielle, I checked the cam last week, and not much was going on. The eagles weren't on the nest. They've done a lot since I checked. I'm just amazed how they know it's time to get the nest ready. I'm excited this year to watch as things progress...😊

@Hayfield, Well, DD's bf sounds like a keeper! She's got her Dad's approval too and that's huge...When will your son meet him? Will you all get together at some point over the holidays? I know you mentioned he'd be with his family. Has your DD met them? Sorry, I know I'm being nosey. I'm really happy your DD has found a great guy. I agree with you about a dog. Especially a puppy. They just take a lot of time to take care of and train. Aren't Corgi's the ones with big ears? We crate trained all our dogs too. They're very cute...Ha! I had to laugh when you said she thought about it for 5 minutes! If she's like my daughter, that's about right!

It seems a little quiet here today. I hope everyone is doing well and had a good day. It's a busy time for everyone, I know. @catwhisperer, I think you said DH comes home tomorrow, right? I'm sure you're both excited..he needs to be home again❤️

I need to go up and change  out of my uniform..I'm tired and I think I'll sleep well tonight. I hope anyway🙏💤💤

Good Night All!!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Good Evening, Ladies.  Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be here.  I am defintely going to decorate for Christmas this year as I was unable to last year.  I earned some rewards from my charge card so I ended up with a Toaster/Broiler Oven.  Since my oven is not self cleaning, I am getting tired of cleaning it on my own.  I thought this smaller counter version would be best.  It's Fall weather now and we have it in the 50's.  If it warms up it is around 70.  It will be interesting to see what kind of winter we have after that hot summer this year.  Enjoy your evening.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1, Hi! Sounds like you're feeling better. I hope so! I have a toaster oven and use it so much more than the one in my stove. I'm so glad you'll be up to decorating for the holidays. I'm sure you'll have beautiful weather..maybe even a white Christmas?? Take care, Kathy...

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, here's a corgi.

Image result for corgi

Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, about the eagles, did you see the end of last season when the nest fell? E-7 had graduated to spending most of his time out on the branches, but E-8 was still at "home" in the nest. first a large piece fell off of the side, and there was just a sliver left.  poor E-8 was hanging in until the end. finally, the last bit of it crumbled and fell. that's when he started spending more time out on the large branch with E-7, and that's where they were when they were attacked by that huge owl.

what amazes me is to see Harriet and M-15 begin to build the new nest from nothing. I was watching when they started bring the first sticks to the tree and wedged them into the Y of the branches, then started bringing in more and more sticks and formed it into what we see today.

now they're mostly bringing in moss and putting it in the center bowl. today I saw M-15 bring a small opossum to the nest (already dead, thankfully) and had it for lunch.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, yes, I do remember that! It was so sad. I find it all amazing. Ozzie being gone, Harriet picking up wth M15, and that they instinctively rebuild the nest in the same location? I still am guarded knowing anything can happen at any time, you become so attached. Still, I love anything nature, so I've bookmarked the Pritchett cam, so it will be easy to check whenever I'm online. Thanks for the Corgi picture. I love those ears!!

~H~