Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For December!

hiya ladies ... good morning and happy tuesday!

i have again been a little MIA around here.  lol.   i was just about ready for thanksgiving dinner last wednesday night when a bomb hit.  don't want to bore you with family drama, ... but let's just say that i found myself with an unexpected guest and a house full of dogs for the whole long weekend.  listen, i love my kids and my family and will do anything for them, ... but that's not to say that their drama does not affect me.  i am now totally exhausted and ready for some "ME" time.  

will try to check in later today and catch up with y'all ... in the meantime please have a lovely today

Heart

Honored Contributor

corismom, so wonderful to hear from you. Sounds like you have  come a  long way and I'm so proud of you--it could not have been easy. You are a brave and courageous lady and I hope life continues to bring much joy your  way.  

Honored Contributor

fancy pantsy, what is life without a little drama? LOL. Seriously, I hope you  are taking some time to rest and relax.

Honored Contributor

HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE!Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

image.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

mitten 1000 px.jpgskates 1000 px.jpg

It's that time of year when I bring out my favorite Carolyn Aiken pictures.  She is my all-time favorite photographer.  Her photographs make me cry... a good cry, tho.

@corismom1  How GREAT it is to have you back... what trials you triumphed through -- so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

@fancy pantsy  Your situation sounds like one that would wipe me out for a month... so sorry this happened to you.  I admire those who can "take" this kind of chaos interruption of their plans, but I cannot.  GET REST...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

Carptching up on the Nov strand, I saw your tree! It is so very pretty! GOOD JOB 👍👏🏻👏🏻

My saga of a front door wreath I will tell about and show pics tomorrow... It will be from ETSY; most of yesterday (cyber Crazy day) it seemed like my order was messed up-- so I didn't know if I really WOULD get one!

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@corismom1, of course we remember you! I always worry when we don't hear from someone again that something may have happened preventing them from posting.  Your post made me happy. Knowing all that you've been through and how well you are doing gives us all hope. My 70 year old brother had hip surgery today, and I pray he does as well as you have. I'm glad you've been enjoying the holidays traveling and walking without your cane. Yes!  Thank you for letting us hear from you, and I hope you stop by again soon. 

@fancy pantsy, What would the holidays be without drama! Is this the daughter that shows dogs? I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you, and I guess it's because you were pretty darn busy, doggies and all. No matter how old our kids get, when the going gets tough they always turn to Mom.I hope you and your dear bf will now just enjoy, relax and have some "special" time together doing all the fun things you love...you deserve it!

@LTT1, I have to say I wasn't familiar with Carolyn Aiken photography, so I did what I usually do and went on the Internet. Wow! Just beautiful photos; I saved a few I liked. Can't wait to see your wreath....love Etsy and I'm sure it's beautiful.

I had lunch with my partner from the hospital today. She's a widow and no longer drives, so I took her for some groceries too. She's a special person, and has become a dear friend. Didn't get much else done. I was on the phone a lot too with my sister in law checking on my brother who had hip surgery. I wasn't able to go. My DH couldn't get off work, and the hospital was in Beverly Hills. Just too far for me to drive alone. He's doing well now, and I pray that continues.

One more thing...just a reminder in case you aren't already doing this. To find our thread easy every time you log on, don't forget under Topic Options, once the menu drops, click on Float this topic to the top...it will come up first every time....

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

happy Tuesday evening everyone.

I had a busy day today and it was the worst kind of weather to have to be out driving around. there was a heavy misty rain all day and the roads were very slippery.  but thankfully I got everything done and got home safely. I got my "tune up", which is my hair cut and color. that always puts a little sparkle in my day Smiley Happy

Helen, I surely hope your brother does well with his surgery. most people recovery quickly from hip surgery, even though it's a big procedure ( did he have a replacement).  I know your friend from work appreciated your company today. and it was very kind of you to take her some groceries.

Loves, those photographs are beautiful. funny, the things that touch us to the point of tears. listening to Andrea Bocelli makes me cry. I can't wait to see pics of your Etsy wreath. mine came from Amazon today. it's very plain, only lights. but its a nice , full wreath and the quality seems to be very good. I love the lights and it will be easy to add a few pretty little touches to.

Fancy, I stay away from drama of all kinds as much as possible. but sometimes it can't be avoided. hopefully, it's blown over and you can take a deep breath and relax. drama = stress. and as they say "ain't nobody got  time for that" Smiley Happy.

Catwhisperer, I don't think I've seen a post from you in several days. or did I just somehow miss it? anyway, I hope you're doing ok and your kitties are giving you a break.

special hello to Snardy, Hayfield, RetRN, Mistic, Whatnow, Spent2much, Corismom, Hooty, Puddles, Shorelady and all our dear friends.

to Kat and Martie, special prayers fro healing.

here's a horse-drinking-water-from-a-pond sunset in Lucedale, Mississippi.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, yes, he did have a hip replacement. We're hoping for an easy, full recovery for him. He's my oldest brother but very active with sports and community service where he lives. He fought having the surgery until the doctor asked him the pain level between 1 and 10. He had to say most days between 7 and 8. He was having trouble sleeping and also had to use a cane at times. His wife said he'll spend a week in rehab before going home. Luckily, they have daughters nearby, because my sister in law has rheumatoid arthritis and is limited to what she can do. 

Im glad you got out for your "tune up"; that's such a good feeling, and that you made it home safe❤️

~H~