Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies (+/-).................Come Join us For January!

MOCHAHONEY, I've also thought of a Vitamix but agree, it's just too expensive. I was watching HSN today and they are offering the Nutribullet. It's their Today's Special, so if you really think you need to replace your blender/food processor, I think that might be a good deal for you. You'll need to hurry before the sale is over. Our daughter has one and loves it. As far as the Lily Flour, I thought I mentioned, but maybe I didn't, I made biscuits for Thanksgiving from the Southern Living recipe. I decided to make them at the last minute and hadn't bought the Lily flour, so I went online and I found where you could substitute all purpose flour by adding baking powder and salt, if I remember correctly. I did, and they were great. I baked them on a cookie sheet in the oven......

SHORELADY, guess what? I started my village with a skating rink too. Some of my houses are also nicer than others; I still put them all out. It's been fun adding accessories like trees, roads, bridges, figurines, etc. Our favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life, and my son bought me a piece symbolizing that movie. Your village sounds very special and I'm sure brings back many memories.....I agree, maybe next year.

MARTIE, isn't it a good feeling to get organized and back to normal. Like you, one of my resolutions is to not acquire anything more of things I really don't absolutely need, especially clothes. As it is, I have more than I can wear already. My plan is to "purge" my closets soon and donate. I'm so glad to hear Eric made it back safe; hopefully, the time will pass quickly and you'll be back together. Have a great week and stay warm......

HAYFIELD, I do have great walking shoes I used to wear when I was actively walking before. They haven't been used much, so they're still in good shape. Like I mentioned, the track at the park is 1/2 mile around, so I'll be happy if I can make it around a few times. I used to walk it 8-10 times (4 to 5 miles), but I'm not sure that will happen again, at least not for quite a while. I'll bet you're excited about your new mattress. Don't you hate waiting 2 weeks for it? But, at least it gives you time to purchase all you need for it. Have a great week! I'm sure you're anxious to get back to workSmile

LOVES, hope you're feeling better. I'm counting on you to win the battle with your sinuses. I'm sorry to hear you have to go in about your grades...you're right, it would be too "easy" for the principal to get your email; which means he won't! One more reason for me to say...YOU will be missed!

Well, I need to run. Our grandson and his room mate are coming by in a while and I need to clean up the kitchen from dinner. Everyone has a safe, warm rest of the evening. Thinking of you ALL and waving.....

Helen

~H~
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Mocha, I purchased the Nutri Ninja when it was the TSV on the Q recently. Under $90. I would not spend $500 on a blender but that's me. You should check with Crate & Barrel and see what they offer for blenders or food processors/blenders. My girlfriend bought the Vitamix and she uses it a lot for smoothies so unless you are fully utilizing the product, $500 plus is too much.

This afternoon I finally started feeling better but still short of breath. I was able to wash a load of clothes which I could not do last week. I woke up to about 2 in. of snow this morning (our first snow) and then it started snowing again mid/late morning & in the afternoon too but in the morning it was big flakes of snow and so pretty. I even managed to go to Panera Bread and bring up 1/2 sandwich & soup for today and a couple of soups for the during the week. I love their broccoli/cheddar soup (my favorite). I decided to try the onion soup today (not bad but it did need a little more cheese).

It's very cold here now and will be this week. Today 21 degrees when I went out in the afternoon. There are a lot of people that got sick due to the warm weather we were having just before Christmas. I hope you all are doing well.

BIG Hi to everyone. Have a peaceful evening and great week ahead.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

We had a family lunch at Panera ... Erik's mom, two nieces, his brother and wife, and us. I had the squash soup ... a favorite. And I hadn't had the flatbread turkey sandwich previously. Quite yummy. Nice to know I don't have to travel 45 miles ... there's one just 20 miles away. In case you haven't figured it out, I have to drive miles and miles to get anywhere.

It's windy and snowy, so I'm calling it a day.

Sweet dreams everyone!!

M

Valued Contributor

In June I had a breast biopsy which was benign. Today I go back for a follow up mammogram. I am nervous despite assurances from everyone. Guess it is the worrier in me. I am off to exercise to help clear my mind. I ask for lots of positive thoughts from my fellow 60+ers. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

QVCPhobe, a few years ago I had a breast biopsy ( two biopsies, actually) because of some suspicious areas identified on mammogram. thankfully, the biopsies were negative but I also had to go back for followup mammograms. they told me the reason for the followup was that when they did the biopsies, they put in tiny "markers" that could be seen on mammogram, so they were doing the followup to locate and make note of exactly where the markers were, for reference on later mammograms. since your biopsy was negative, I'm sure something similar is going on for your followup mammo.

try not to worry. you'll be Ok, I'm sure.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! I'm working today, so I'll keep it short. It's my DD's 25th birthday today! We took her out to dinner last night with a friend and I gave her the Tiffany sliver snowflake necklace that she wanted. I ordered it months ago. She's going out after work with her work friends to "happy hour" for her birthday and I'm working a private event tonight. She's going to Disney World on Thursday for a week with 3 other girlfriends.

Mochahoney--I missed your post yesterday and yes, I do have a Vita-mix blender. I absolutely love it! Yes, it is very expensive but I got the easy pay, I've had it about 3 years now. I got the kind that fits under my counter, so I can keep it out all the time and I use almost every day. It's expensive because of the motor that's in it and that's what makes it so good. The other blenders that I've always had just didn't have the power that this one has.

Esteemed Contributor

good Monday morning! it's winter, again. the weather changes here so much that sometimes it's hard to tell {#emotions_dlg.crying}. it was almost 70 a couple of days ago and now the highs are going to be in the 40's for the whole week. but today it's beautiful and sunny and cold, just the way I like it.

I ordered the Vitamix last night, and then I felt guilty about the cost and canceled the order. I should have kept it, since both my blender and my food processor are dying, but I was envisioning the conversation with DH (if he asked): you paid $428 for a blender???? well, he usually doesn't even ask how much something costs , but if he did that would be hard to rationalize. I'm really not sure I would use it enough to justify spending that much.

does anyone else here watch Downton Abbey? I just discovered it last season, so I caught up over the summer with the previous 3 seasons that I had missed. season 5 started last night. I was so happy to see my old friends back!

I'm trying to get myself psyched up for rejoining Weight Watchers. it's either that, or get fatter. I have lost about 18 or 20 lbs over the past year, but I feel like it's slowly coming back ( I haven't weighed) and I know how that goes. I'm an expert at losing and then regaining weight {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Helen, if you mentioned making the biscuits at Thanksgiving, I missed it. good to know they turn out well even without the White Lily flour.

Kat, Spammom, Cindy, sunshine, loves, Corismom: I hope you're all feeling better today.

hi to RetRN, fancy, catwhisperer, auntG, Shorelady, Martie, Hayfiled, Danky, Hooty, sapphire and anyone else here that I've forgotten to mention.

have a beautiful Monday, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

good afternoon ladies!

i had a very productive morning today...emptying a bunch of tubs out from my closet floor and going thru the clothes in them, sorting for what goes to goodwill ... etc. i am excited because i actually found three pair of capris that i guess i bought last year and forgot about! i probably did not fit into them last year, but the good news is that this year (at least right now) i do.

martiehugs, like you, i wonder why i have three different sizes. one is the small size that i will likely never wear again. the other is the middle size that i mostly wear, and the third is the 'fat' size that i usually have to fall back on. today i finally let go of those small size ones. if i can just keep myself in the middle size ones i will be happy! and btw, i so totally admire your resolution on ridding yourself of 'stuff'. i am trying that as well, but i don't think i am going at it with as much resolve as you!

mocha: i do not have the vitamix, but i will tell you that if i could afford it i would have it ... but then, i don't really have room for another appliance anyway. so i am envious that you are able to be thinking of this purchase. i say go for it! i don't think you will be sorry. regarding downton abbey, dd and i just discovered the series ourselves last summer! and we were happily running through seasons one thru four ... then towards the end we decided to WAIT and slow down a little because we did not want to have to go thru 'withdrawl' while waiting for season 5. well, i just about had a COW when i saw a promo on tv last week for the new season !!! i immediately called dd and told her that we are going to have to have a downton abbey marathon in order to get ourselves caught up ... and THEN be able to watch season 5 debut (which i recorded last night!) i just adore that show!

loves: i hope you enjoyed not hearing that alarm this morning! it is one of the most absolutely joyful parts about being retired. the bad part about being retired is that i am constantly floundering about trying to remember what day of the week it is. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

hayfield, i have been meaning to tell you that i love how you break your posts up ... it makes reading so much easier. i was getting 'poofed' on a pretty regular schedule, and i have no idea why ... but recently i seem to be doing ok. here's hoping i do not have to eat those words.

shorelady: i hope that you are successful with your de-cluttering ... both physically and emotionally !

helen, hope that you had an entirely lovely dinner with your grandson and his friend yesterday. i am continually envious over all of your family!

qvcphoebe: sending supportive prayers and thoughts to you today, and hopefully all goes without a hitch.

oh ... i almost forgot. guess what? i FINALLY got my shingles vaccine yesterday.

YAY.

hi to retrn, hadaki, cindy, smammom, corismom, kat, auntg. catwhisperer, sunshine ... and anyone i have overlooked.

have a great day

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,

It is 4 degrees outside and feels like -13 below zero. I will be staying in today. I am feeling human again -- hey! hey! This second powerful antibiotic did the trick (Biaxin).

So many people want a Vitamix. It's a trend right now and sooner or later will die down and so will the price go down. Unless you have money to burn, I will pa-s-s on it. I wonder how long the warranty is for.

QVCPhoebe, I am sending all positive thoughts your way. You will be fine. Take care.

MartieHugs, So you are a fan of Panera? I love their soups and tuna salad and the Cobb chicken/avocado salad is my fav. My Panera is crowded just about all the time. It's just a little healthier fast food.

Is anyone purchasing Josie's TSV? I love my Marula oil so I will not be purchasing.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

bundle up, y'all. it's going to be so cold tonight and for the rest of the week. even 30's and 40's in California Helen. tomorrow night it will be in the teens here. I sure hope those insulator things we have on our outside faucets protects our pipes.

I did a little gardening today. I love being outside when it's sunny and cold. I bought pansies just before Christmas to plant in my small garden by the driveway but it rained so much during the week after Christmas that I never got around to planting them. then today, I took a good look at that area and it's in terrible shape, since the freeze in early December killed just about everything there. I started pulling up what I could of the dead plants and by the time I was through it just looked worse. so I put the pansies in my little garden by by the front door , some in 2 pots with yellow flowing pansies and in 2 empty pots. at least they have a chance to grow now. also, I worked a little in my lettuce garden. it's still making more lettuce than I can eat right now, but I guess if I decide to rejoin Weight Watchers soon I'll be eating a lot more lettuce, so I guess that's a good thing

photo 3d05ff6c-ecc1-4db1-937c-67bcb4817503.jpg

photo e8903e0a-6df8-425c-b2a3-ac9d5da8812d.jpg

DH is cooking tonight, red bean & rice. one of his specialties, and always good.

stay warm and have a peaceful night, y'all.