Honored Contributor

Of course it does for those who are well blessed with hair. Consider the difference in how long it takes to dry a thick picnic blanket vs a loosely woven cotton throw. Fewer fibers aka hairs, less densely packed = faster dry time.

My hair is nearly cotton candy fine, not really, but extremely fine. I can dry it in mere seconds by asking my husband to breathe on me. Again, just kidding but not that far from the truth! Many of us wish we had the opposite problem of the one we have, until we really think about it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Yes. Just drying (not styling, which I don’t actually spend any time on anyway) my hair takes me about 50 mins with my traditional dryer/diffuser, but the Dyson dryer cut that in half. It’s a combination of thickness, texture, porosity, and product. Longer or shorter doesn’t really change the dry time much, since it all gets piled into the diffuser anyway.

Honored Contributor

@tippygirl wrote:

please tell me what you use since i've gotten older my hair is nothing like it used to be  i used to be able to style any way i wanted now since gray is coming in it's changed i do have VERY THICK CORSE HAIR TRYING TO FIND THAT MAGIC PRODUCT  IT REALLY TAKES ME ALMOST 30 TO DRY MINE, i  just want to look pulled togather, not a mess o it is somewhat dry part of it wants to frizz   help

@tippygirl  Mine is white/grey thick and naturally curly/wavy. I find that a great haircut gives that put together look and for me, keeping it in a short pixie eliminates a lot of dryness & damage. I deep condition twice a week and for a styling product only use a drop of argan oil before either drying w/ diffuser or air drying. I do my mu first, so hair takes only 5 minutes afterwards...most of the time it’s already dry....another plus to short hair for me.

Honored Contributor

My hair is fine, but thick, past my shoulders.  If I used blower it would take at least 30 min.

I air dry it for @90 min. and then style with blower which takes @ 20 min. then put up in a pineapple bun until totally dry.

A bit of trouble, but I'm not ready to get rid of it quite yet, although DH prefers it short.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

My hair is about collarbone length and layered. It is curly and extremely thick and heavy. It takes me 30 minutes or more to diffuse dry it completely dry. Normally I diffuse for about 20 minutes and then let it air dry for another 45 minutes to an hour. 

I use the diffuser on medium speed and heat. I don't use high heat which is much better for the condition of my hair.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach

Yes, it took time but It was worth it. I had great hair, long and blonde, for decades. A lucky accident of birth! I never knew it would thin later, but as life goes, that's no big deal. 

Frequent Contributor

If I blow dry my hair, it can take even more than half an hour. I have long (mid-back), very dense although thin hair. Too much work, so I air dry it. It takes few hours indeed, but the hair looks much better and I can style it any way I want. I’m using the styling cream from Wen and my hair looks fantastic if I air dry it with that.

Plus, I can walk out with my hair almost dry and in our hot, dry summers, it will dinish drying on the way. Then, with only my hands I can style it in few seconds.

Valued Contributor

I have short but very thick hair.  After washing, I usually have to let it air dry for at least an hour before drying.  By doing that, it will only take about 10 minutes to dry.  Absent that it takes at least a half hour to dry

Respected Contributor

Now that I have cut my thick, fine and curly hair to just above my shoulders, it takes about 30 minutes to blow dry.  It used to take 40 minutes.  I'm very happy to have those 10 minutes back!

Honored Contributor

@tippygirl wrote:

please tell me what you use since i've gotten older my hair is nothing like it used to be  i used to be able to style any way i wanted now since gray is coming in it's changed i do have VERY THICK CORSE HAIR TRYING TO FIND THAT MAGIC PRODUCT  IT REALLY TAKES ME ALMOST 30 TO DRY MINE, i  just want to look pulled togather, not a mess o it is somewhat dry part of it wants to frizz   help

@tippygirl- Have you tried Wen?