Honored Contributor

Re: 25% Off All Cosmetics and Skincare at Whole Foods!

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

MyChelle is a nice brand. Kind of pricey. I would have everything Dr. Haushka makes just for the smells. Oh, my, I wish he'd make a parfum. My Whole Foods has a goat's milk soap that puts me into ecstasy! Well, at least the Sandalwood one does. (just kidding). But I love it-it's a local company-Honey Sweetie Acres. Love the name. They have goats galore. The soaps are 19.99 a pound? Came out to about seven something per bar. 

@Judaline

I, too, adore the the smell of Dr. Haushka's items!  The lemongrass oil...it's not 'lasting' like a perfume, but smells pretty when applying. I'm slowly reducing my skincare/makeup routine...this oil is perfect for the face & their eye shadows are very long lasting!

Soaps: My store also has artisan hand-cut soap which is priced per/lb. I got a bar, shocked at the $$, but man....that soap would.not.wear.out!  Definitely got my money's worth w/ that little bar of soap!  

Road trip to Whole Foods today!

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

That sounds like a great deal.  I have never tried skincare or cosmetics from wholefoods, but would like to try. Any good recommendations?

@momoftwo2007

Oh, there are so many great lines.  I really like the fact that Whole Foods has testers of all products (along with Kleenex and cotton swabs and q-tips, etc.) and they are very generous with any sample products they have.  I suggest you go and play with products (allow enough time 😊) and if you don't like something they accept returns no questions asked.

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz,    What area do you live in?  It may not be a nationwide sale but only local.  Thanks.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@magicmoodz,    What area do you live in?  It may not be a nationwide sale but only local.  Thanks.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1, good point. I called one of my local stores, and they are having this sale.

As an aside, I do recommend Zuzu lipsticks. They usually have testers. I have four of them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Hi @Katcat1  I live in Minneapolis, but I am quite sure this is a nationwide sale.  

Honored Contributor

I went today. The rep was demo-ing a line called Evan Healey. Sooooo nice. She was trying samples on us and explaining the process. Totally organic which I steer away from because they have never helped in anti-aging. But the handcream was wonderful altho it isn't called hand cream we all put it on our hands. Feels sensational. Must be mixed in the palm with distilled water or their own product, in order for the skin to drink it in. I got 25% off per the sale, but the little bag with the products sale doesn't start till tomorrow and here it is 19.99, not 18.00. Figures. She said it's gonna be first come, first served and we only have 25 sets.So forget that, I'm not going to break all speed limits to get out there for a twenty dollar deal. But the smells were lovely and I got literature on this line and two little mesh bags of products free. A good way to see if my face turns red after using. They have some very nice oils and the rose was suggested for my skin. My next buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline

I very much like the Evan Healy Rose line.  They were demoing it at the Whole Foods I went to today at lunchtime, but I was on a tight schedule so I didn't spend any time there.  I did look for the Sweetie Pie Soap you recommend and didn't see it.  I might visit a different WF or maybe they are local and exclusive to you?

I did pick up the skincare products I want to try and I know they are exclusive to this city in just a few co-ops, health food stores and some of our WF stores.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz  It's probably just where I live, altho they are spreading out. Here's the website to peruse:

http://honeysweetieacres.com/

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz- thank you so much for this "heads-up." I kept it in the back of my mind and went over to my Whole Foods today. Picked up the $18 beauty bag - NICE bag and product selections, including Derma e which is a favorite brand for me.

There were a couple tables with vendors giving new product sampling and they were also giving makeovers in the cosmetic area. i didn't know they did that.

There were a lot of shoppers; Dr. Hauska was a popular request.

I plan on going back tomorrow before the sale ends - not that I really need anything. :-)