Honored Contributor

Re: “2024”, Everyone, Please Join Us!

Saw my Dr this afternoon and it's been decided that the gout was caused by some medication that I'm on.  So she switched me to another one but unforturnately, the pharmacy has to order it and it won't be in until Monday.  Which means 3 days without one of my blood pressure meds.  Not ideal but nothing I can do about it.  Tried calling around to other nearby pharmacies but all they had were the name brand and my insurance will only cover the generic brand.  Will go back to the Dr at the beginning of Sept for a recheck.  With the new medication, I shouldn't have any problems.  Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! 

Contractor was extremely lucky as he came back to the US last night instead of today. 

I wonder if my GF & her DH who had just finished a Viking cruise & were flying back from Brussels, Belgium got caught up in the massive flight delays today?

Family is planning to do a brunch/lunch on Sunday, but eldest son & maybe  one of the grandkids might not come as they caught Covid! Last week my DIL, EP & her Mom all got Covid. Her Mom is recuperating & glad she didn't get sick before her vacation trip.

Today contractor put in the double sink vanity & the makeup vanity & hung the vanity mirror. Sconce placement was discussed as well as where to place the bath towel bars. I left the measurements of the remaining things in one of the drawers in the room. 

Here's some pics. Ignore the tools. Vanities are made of maple wood.

IMG_1078.jpeg

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

Mirror is from Home Depot & has a brushed nickel edge. The squares on the Sheetrock indicate where the sconces will be hung. Lights will point downward. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

It was a picture perfect week. Nice temps and no rain. Flowers are in full bloom.

Doctor put me on Aleve for a muscle strain. I'm not the best patient. I'm taking only one a day instead of the prescribed four. Instructions said to take the minimum needed to manage the pain, so one is enough.

Honored Contributor

hey all

dh left for laundramt

while cleaning this morn we noticed on the washer floor mat-i put in under the washer when i bought it a couple years ago=there was water in the mat-we have a pedastal under the washer-it was dry in the drawer-we have no idea where it is leaking-dh crawled on top of dryer to see if back of washer was wet-any drips which we can see behind washer and dryer- all was dry- we can't figure this one out-will have to get a washer guy out here. not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon all! 

Scheduled 2nd hip surgery for late September.  I opened this morning the disassembled vanity stool from Amazon & got a nice surprise -- the wood is a very close match to the vanities! The color was called dark driftwood. 
I'm going to have the contractor assemble it for me.  Spent a good part of the morning wiping off the initial grout haze off the shower stall. I got most of it off including wiping off spackle & grout off the metal bullnose on edges of tile. 

Have a few calls to make on Monday -- need medical clearance for surgery & since the annual physical is a week before, going to see if it can be done at that time. Plus 2 more calls.

Tomorrow is a birthday brunch get together with most of my family. Eldest son & eldest grandson are staying home. Son caught Covid from youngest GS who gave it to my DIL & her Mom. Youngest GS & DIL are over it so they are coming. DS is congested & fatigued. Oldest GS hasn't gotten it yet. My DIL is picking me up since I am on the way. 

It's a beautiful day here -- sunny, no humidity & in the low 80's. 

Have a great Saturday!

IMG_0235.jpeg

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did morn chores-did hang out=hope clothes dry-not much wind but plenty of sunshine.

did get my 1 mile walk this morn. my new shoe boot is same height as my new asics walker shoes i just got so balance is good in the walk

dh checked the washer pan for any leaks-NONE FOUND,he checked this morn after my monthly washer clean with affresh and my large laundry load-NO LEAKS FOUND-what happened is BEYOND ME- have no idea where the water came from-dh will talk with appliance repair place tomorrow so see what they recommend.

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. we've had a busy weekend.

on Saturday we went 110 miles north to our friend's new house for a small gathering to celebrate DH's birthday, which is Tuesday. she asked him to bring his drill so he could put up several things on her patio and front porch walls. her DH has been in a nursing home for several years, so she borrows my DH for handy-man things whenever we come to visit.

today I went with DD to take Ezra to the park. he had fun on the swings and slides for about 30 minutes, then it started thundering and getting dark so we left. he was tired and fell asleep on the way back.

this afternoon DH installed the other 2 sliding shelf racks that I bought during Prime Day. we reorganized and decluttered all the kitchen cabinets, throwing away several bags of expired, stale and unwanted items. it's so nice to be able see what's in the back of the shelves now.

@JustJazzmom, I really like that vanity stool. your new bathroom is going to be awesome. sorry to see that several family members have Covid again. hope you had a good birthday.

@AuntG, I hope the Aleve is still helping. did you pick up something heavy? I would love to see pics of your garden.

@JudyL, you did well investigating the cause of your gouty episode. I hope discontinuing that medication has solved the problem.

@viva923, that water issue is a mystery. glad you saw it before any damage was done. now, if you can just figure out where it came from.

@SleeplessinSD, thinking of you and hoping all is well.

sending blessings to all

here's a Florence, Ms. sunset..

have a peaceful evening, y''all.

452006502_7818647438171185_5884977150780567250_n.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning all! A busy morning here. Stuck inside waiting a C/B from primary MD. I have annual physical a week before hip surgery & I want to know if medical clearance can be done at same time. 

Surgery is being done after HS reunion. 

@MariotaMurielle Sounds like it was a great day at the park with Ezra until a storm moved in.

Yesterday, went out for birthday lunch. My DIL brought toddler EP & left pre kindergartener O with Daddy. Daddy was lying on couch. O hasn't caught it yet & fingers crossed he doesn't get it. But just in case he wasn't positive yet, he stayed home. DIL picked me up since I was on the way. Turned out to be a great suggestion because street parking was limited & this place had no parking lot. 

EP fell asleep in the car on the way home.

We ate alfresco & I ordered 2 appetizers as my lunch. A cheesecake slice with drizzled raspberry sauce was my dessert. 

@viva923  strange about the disappearing water below machine. 

@AuntG  Hope the planters aren't too heavy. Can they be placed on a stand with wheels to make them easy to maneuver? 

@JudyL Glad the detective work on your part & physician figured out the gout flare up. 

Waving to @SleeplessinSD !

Spoke with a person at vanity store & she told me due to drawer not being too wide from top to bottom, panels can't be created to match the drawers so the front panel is plain.

E mailed photo of vanity stool & mentioned that vanity stool wood works very well with the particular stain used on the vanities.

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much-very humid outside-no clothes hanging this whole week chance of rain all week-very unsettled all week

post office  lost my medications again-have to wait till tuesday before I call express scripts back to get the ball rolling on a new order.

did get my morn walk in-very dank-and dreary today- ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Morning all! Up early today for contractor coming at 8. He put the molding in all around the room yesterday & installed matching panels on the makeup vanity bottom to make it look like a piece of furniture. The kitchen & bath person supplied that extra matching wood. Most of the towel bars & robe hooks were installed yesterday. I finally have a robe hook behind the door! The 2nd hook will go near the shower. He has to pick up another one. 

I want him to move one of the bath towel bars  over so it looks even on the wall. That wall faces the toilet.  An eventual piece of metal wall art will go above them so I want symmetry. If he won't do it, I can get the painter to reposition the bar. I think the templates for the sinks will be created for his granite guy. I think he will be installing the wall mounted shower chair today. 

Have a great day.