Honored Contributor

Re: “2024”, Everyone, Please Join Us!

@JustJazzmom , wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care..

~H~
Honored Contributor

Just Jazz

speedy recovery-now the work begins to get you fully back up and running on all 4 cylinders.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got moved in to a regular room this afternoon. Had briefly a patient that was moved into my room after I was. She just got moved to another room. Her IV kept continuously beeping. I think they moved her closer to the nurse’s station. I had something for pain earlier but now need it again. I’ve been up 3X today to walk using a 2 wheeled walker & 1 person walking next to me.

And guess who texted me regarding the start date of that master bath redo? The contractor! We will meet on Friday to discuss.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, for some reason I was thinking you said your surgery was going to be in May. obviously, I'm way off.

it sounds like you're doing very well. if they have you up and walking already, that's a great sign.

speaking from joint replacement experience, I know PT can be brutal at first, but, it's so worth it to be walking independently again ASAP.

sending you an extra prayer tonight.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

super sunny with some warmth attached

dh got word today his surg was pushed back to 28 may. hope this date is a go.

not much else. later all

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm home! Got back in the early afternoon. Middle son drove me home & he did some things here. We ordered pizza for lunch which was a treat & he switched out those light bulbs I wanted changed.

He also moved the majority of items in the master bathroom vanity into saved boxes. They are in my bedroom by the TV stand. 
I also moved some other items to the guest bathroom vanity drawers & medicine cabinet.

PT is coming by tomorrow to do an assessment & contractor is coming Friday at noon to discuss again the remodel. Electrician is waiting for some electrical boxes for my added kitchen lights & as the week goes on, he will have a better idea of when he will be here.It might be Friday too.

Son ran home to be able to stay a few days. I'm using a 2 wheeled walker for the time being. I took the narcotic before we left the hospital & when I got home took a baby aspirin. This is to prevent blood clots from forming. I will be taking this 2X/day. I'm also on 2 stool softeners too. I nodded off watching some TV on my bed. I did get up after that snooze & took a Tylenol. 

About to set up dinner. Son will be back again around 8. 

I walked a little too much around my unit when I came home. Mostly muscle aches not joint aches. I see the doctor again in 3 weeks.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  - glad to hear that you are home and sounds like you are doing well.  It'll be nice to have your son with you for a few days.

Today I went to the Podiatrist.  He's concerned that I'm still having as much pain as I am, especially at night.  So we are going to try somethinng - I have to sleep with the shoe/boot thing on.  Ugh, I hate that.  Did that a few years ago when I broke my foot and it's awkward and unpleasant but if it stops the pain at night, it'll be worth it.  The toe is healing but not quite there yet.  The arthritis in that toe is really bad and is what is causing most of the pain.  When I return in a couple weeks to see him, we're hoping that the pain is mostly gone and the toe is finished healing.  There are other options we talked about if that doesn't happen and we'll decide on those, if necessary, at that time.  In the meantime, I'm to take it easy as much as possible.  He did say that if I am not in pain, I can go out for short walks.  Which I am grateful to be able to do as I'm going a bit stir crazy with being so sedentary.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL  Sometimes the restrictive device is worn at night to decrease swelling. I remember I wore nightly the soft cast on my left wrist lower arm after the hard cast was removed. It took a while for the swelling on my hand & wrist area to decrease. I didn't wear it during the day. What also took longer than that was the numbness in my fingertips to resolve. I broke the radius in April of last year & the numbness finally went away in October. 

Right now I'm experiencing thigh muscle aches. The half dose of the narcotic has helped & I'm not wincing as I get into bed & swing my legs in. 

Oldest grandson came by with his Dad & middle son brought his telescope to see Jupiter & some comet near it.

I remember many years ago my boys went outside & we used a binocular to see some comet. We were able to make out the streaky tail in the night sky.

Now I gotta go & write a few e mails or texts to friends.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  - forgot to mention that the Dr does want me to start wearing compression socks.  Have some that I would wear when I flew internationally so will dig those out.  Glad you have your sons and grandson with you.  Hope you have a restful night.

Esteemed Contributor

we've had a pretty busy week already, and it's only Tuesday. if things don't fall through with the approval for DD's infusion, that will happen here on Friday. the plan for us has changed a bit because DD's DH will be out of town, so we'll have Ezra here while the infusion takes place. I think it will be fine, although I'm sure Ezra will be very curious about what's going on, at least for a little while.

we won't have him tomorrow, so I plan to visit the library to donate the books I gathered up and also see if I can check out a book I've been wanting to read for a while. as of this evening they have a copy, but I 've let my card expire so I can't reserve it online.

the weather will be beautiful this whole week and tomorrow will be a great day to get out and do some errand running.

for the last 2 nights I've rewatched the 1st 3 episodes of Shogun, since I wasn't paying attention the first go-round. tonight is the finale.

sending blessings to all and hope tomorrow will find everyone feeling better.

here's a north Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

434168315_400158012644210_1551450482329896929_n.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich