Honored Contributor

Re: “2024”, Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good afternoon!

Yes, @AuntG  anytime the temperature plunges, the tire monitor appears on the dash. Adding some air to all the tires helps eliminate the problem. It's still in the upper 20's here. My heating system keeps turning on. 

Two sets of sheets from JCP arrived for the guest bedroom. I went with navy & egret (ivory with a yellowish tinge ) to replace some old sheets. 

Expecting snow tomorrow, maybe 1- 3". 

I put together tartar sauce, a recipe I saw on NYT cooking  & put together the mixture for salmon cakes. It's another NYT recipe & it calls to use a half cup measure to make 6 cakes. I'm using a 1/4 Cup measure to make smaller cakes. What's nice is, a person can make them all & freeze in foil what's not completely needed. 

I've never made salmon cakes so it will be an adventure. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello  all

will gladly mail anyone free snow. SNOW FALL IS HAPPENING NOW HERE. ugh!!!!

we got 3 inch so far of the fluffy white stuff / with more for rest of day supposedly 6 inch when all said and done,will see

PA,NJ,DE are all closed down. no body is working, schools closed. don't  know if stores are opened or closed.

not much else. later guys.

this is a very light fluffy snow, no moisture in the snow.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! Ran errands early PM in anticipation of snow arrival. So far -- nada, zip!

It's 27° now but feels 18°! 

Ebay seller had to cancel my shams because she can't find them in inventory! Huh? Listing was saying 1 left after I ordered 2! Oh well!

Did find a bud vase I could live with for master bathroom when it's done over at Michael's. Beige top with darker brown on bottom. Found 2 sprays of pink & red camellias according to the labels. I separated the 12 stems & put them into the bud vase in guest bathroom. They look like roses to me.

IMG_0949.jpeg

Honored Contributor

snow total this evening for us is sitting at 6 inches.

Honored Contributor

hey all

we got a dusting after the neighbor man shoveled us out yesterday afternoon. we got 6 inch snow fall

wind today is brutal. wind chills way down in low single digits

well dh just got back from the laundramat. place did not open till 9am because of storm yesterday. he did the blankets,sheets, i did 2 small loads here at the house. going to fold laundry in a few minutes, so will see all later.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

Rain should start here soon and the weather report says it will continue through Monday. We'll probably be in most of the weekend. Anything we need to go out for can wait. I hope everyone's doing well..

@viva923 , oh my, 6" of snow! Hopefully, your plans are to try and stay in and keep warm.

@JustJazzmom , did I miss how your salmon cakes turned out? I think DH would enjoy trying those. I also saw that Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren will be back for a new season of 1923..

@AuntG , I don't know why we haven't called yet for a donation pick up on some things we packed up over the holidays too. There's a Goodwill around the corner where we can also drop things off. We've done that before. Maybe after the rain stops..

@Hayfield , I hope all gets better weatherwise for your trip. Sounds like you've got it all planned. I'd like to visit Florida one day...

@JudyL , im sure you're getting quite the work out on your Cubii by now. Im not sure my knees would hold out, they're so bad.

Everyone have a great Saturday/weekend!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD The salmon cakes came out great with the homemade tartar sauce. It's a NYT recipe. Only thing I would change would be is increase the smoked paprika & maybe add more panko bread crumbs or roll the patties in extra panko crumbs. 

Do you need the recipe? 

Busy day here -- changed out guest bedroom sheets, changed drawer knobs back to original knobs which were smaller. I intend to see if they can be used when master bath is redone. Now I have the knobs off so I can see the knob against the cabinet color when the contractor gets himself over here. Amazon has the matching drawer pulls so I bookmarked them. Home Depot had the knobs. I have 20 knobs! 

Sheets bought for bedroom aren't the right color. Not the right sage green. Will visit JCP on Monday. 

Shams got canceled by eBay seller. She couldn't find them! Seriously how do you misplace something like this? 

Might want to see if pink sheets are an option for me. But it has to be the right pink shade -- not blush or shocking -- maybe a rose pink? 

Esteemed Contributor

my rant for the day: the mail carrier came to the door with a package too large to fit in the mailbox and some paper mail. a little while later I got an email from USPS informed delivery saying that I had 2 packages delivered, one to the front door and one in the mailbox.

why would she bring the larger package to the door but put the small package in the mailbox? and never mention that she put one in the mailbox?

it is an absolutely beautiful sunny day here but it's 35 degrees and windy. and we have a pretty long driveway.

I guess it was a hint from above that I need to get off my bottom and get some exercise Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  - Well that is a bit ridiculous for the mail carrier to do that.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom , I went online to see if I could find it. NYT had several so, yes,  if you could post it. Thank you.

@MariotaMurielle , wow! makes no sense at all..

My sister had planned to come out tomorrow to spend a couple days. It's raining hard here, so we decided to wait until the middle of the week when the wet weather should be over.  She also said she woke up not feeling well, so she planned to take a Covid test. She tested positive. Needlesstosay, I won't be seeing her for awhile.

~H~