Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

busy day here.

dh did the bj run

MM my granddaughter (she is 18 and in college in ohio) is going for her colonoscopy in december. they think she may have chrons disease. her dad's mom (her grandmother on dad's side) died of chrons about 15 yrs ago. marlene was super sick with that disease. when she passed her gut was at least 25 pounds of what ever happens to the gut when chrons goes on a rampage.  we wait and see what happens.

anyway guys, brisk breeze dried all clothes outside.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend in Minnesota posted a photo of the snow her area received yesterday. 

EP went as the moon and his older brother went as an astronaut. It was chilly here last night.

No kids knocked on my door.

Today electricians came, installed all the lights & switchplates, outlet, rocker panel in the room. The switchplates are a nice shade of gray. Vanity light is from Home Depot.

They added a better GFI breaker into the circuit breaker panel & replaced the garbage disposal breaker because every now & then you would go to run it & it wouldn't switch on. The breaker had partially tripped. To fix that you throw the breaker off & then throw it to the opposite direction to fix it. Breakers eventually do go bad.

Let there be light! 
IMG_0921.jpeg

I even found time after my eye doctor appointment to make chili & cornbread with diced red peppers, cheddar cheese & canned diced jalapeños. I cheated & used a cornbread mix.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  - It looks great!

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, I like that light fixture. I would like to replace the two in our master bathroom. I haven't decided what I want but I am leaning toward something more classic like the one in your photo.

my little red car arrived today. it's beautiful (I think), but there is so much I need to figure out on the dash. it has a big touch screen, which is completely different from my old car.

F2B22BF3-7B4E-4FA8-943D-80BC2616AA6F.jpeg

sending blessings to all.

here's a Madison county sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

E63E448A-E5BF-4BB6-835B-5F0838542B7B.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , wow! Everything...Looks great!

@MariotaMurielle , what a nice car!  Beautiful!  🚘

Good Night Everyone!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning! The contractor & the tile guy are here. Tile guy will put the 2" tiles that match the floor below the medicine cabinet from vanity edge to vanity edge. He is going to use the gray grout. 

Shower rod will be hung tomorrow. If I get a chance today, will visit the hardware store for the paper paint swatches. 

@MariotaMurielle  I like your red car. I once had a Ford Taurus sedan that was red. 

The light I chose came from Home Depot & I ordered it from their online store. They can be hung as seen over the medicine cabinet or on the sides as sconces. The coverlets are frosted glass & I chose the 18" length.

The brand name is Aviance Lighting Aspen 2 light brushed nickel ADA Bath Vanity light. In case you want to order it. It uses 2 regular base light bulbs. I chose 2 60W LED bulbs. Get the ones that look like candles without the swirl tip. What I liked about the light is the glass coverlets turn into the socket place & no screws are needed to remove the coverlet in case the light bulbs need to be changed. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

MM what a brilliant red car, nice wheels

not much today

sunny but lousy day for drying outside in dryer on medium heat for 25 minutes.

it got cold out last had to turn on heat. house is set at 60 degrees can't afford the cost of this propane.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

The vanity area was tiled this morning & the contractor hung the shower rod up. I readjusted the hinge pivot stop so it would be away from the rod. If the door was completely open, it would have hit the rod. 

Here's what was done today: 

IMG_0924.jpeg

I stopped in the hardware store & with one of the bluer tile chose the wall paint. I chose Benjamin Moore Lake Placid color. It's a pale blue. If you go on the website look at the color around the color name. Pay no attention to the ambient, morning, & night color. Right now the walls are a dingy white. The white on the walls has gray in it. 

I drove today to a JCPenney that had the granite gray bath mat. Originally I had ordered the navy blue & granite gray towels & bath mats online. I received the bulk of my order yesterday but for some reason they canceled the delivery of the gray mat. This Penney's was about 30 miles away & had 4 in stock. I think I spent more time on the road than in the store! 

Now I'm home relaxing. I set up the boneless pork ribs with a spice rub. I just have to put together the cherry preserves blend for the sauce. I'm also doing baby baked potatoes with Penzey's Greek Seasoning sprinkled over it. 

Baby Back or Cherry Glazed Ribs Rub

1 Tbsps. + 1 1/2 Tsps. paprika — 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt — 1 1/2 Tsps. garlic powder — 1 1/2 Tsps. onion powder — 1 1/2 Tsps. ancho chili powder — 1 1/2 Tsps. light brown sugar — 1/2 Tsp. cayenne pepper — 1/2 Tsp. black pepper — 1/2 Tsp. white pepper

1) Combine & transfer to an airtight jar.

Cherry Glaze for Pork Ribs

1 Cup cherry preserves — 2 Tbsps. lemon juice — 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce — 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon — 1/2 Tsp. Kosher salt — 1/4 Tsp. black pepper — 2 Tbsps. unsalted butter — 1/4 Tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder

1) In an 8” nonstick skillet, combine all ingredients on medium heat. Stir until mixed well. Once it begins to bubble at the edges, decrease heat to low/simmer & cook for 15 minutes, to form a slightly thickened sauce.

Yield: about 1.5 Cups
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  - I want to come eat at your house and then when I'm done eating, I want to use your new bathroom.  LOLOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@AuntG  - I have family that live in Appleton, WI and when Halloween pics were posted on Facebook, I could see the snow in the background.

I think Appleton got four inches. It's slowly melting. Appleton claims their Christmas parade is the largest evening parade in the Midwest. It's always the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. So many people I worked with would attend but I always watched it on TV.