Honored Contributor

Re: “2021”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, Please Join Us!

Headed to an apple orchard for some fall produce today. I'm thinking we should wash the windows in the sunroom, but it's a half day task so I'm procrastinating.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

hello all

neighbors out back at it again. someone is going to die if something isn't done. called the property manager to see if he can speak to land owners to get that lady out of here, she is totally INSANE. she has no idea how to handle anything. 5 kids living in this nightmare. something has got to be done.

can't live here peacefully any longer listening to this day in and day out.

nice day here

did many chores

did my walk today

clothes on line. later guys

Honored Contributor

That situation is way beyond anything I could handle @viva923 . Those kids are already permanently harmed. Whenever we talk about moving to something smaller, I always mention the possibility of bad neighbors to my husband. We've got a park on one side and the neighbor next door is extremely quiet. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

had to call the park manager again, because the on again-off again boyfriend was outside screaming at people cussing them out with every cuss word possible. he finally got a pick up truck and moved his garbage out today. maybe it will be less volitile, i doubt it, he is on lease to pay part of rent, every month will have this stuff happen. just move that crazy couple out. the park manager did come and spoke with the dumbbell, what was said is ?? could not hear, but the dumbbell finally quieted down.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Hi all! A busy few days playing catch-up with stuff I didn't get to do on Tuesday. DH had routine eye exam, all good & after I dropped him off to home, I visited a nearby Macy's to return an Internet ordered pair of winter PJs. They fit fine but the description said brushed cotton & it was really more of a summer weight material instead of a heavier winter fabric. Fleece is too heavy, this cotton is the Goldilocks weight. Just right. 

I am hoping that Macy's starts putting out more of their winter Charter Club pajamas. The stamped floral in burgundy color was too lightweight. 

Store wasn't too busy either, so I was in & out in no time.

We are going to make an offer on a condo that has 2BR, 2 baths, living room, dining area, kitchen & small balcony. The laundry area is in the unit, so no hauling clothing long distances! It is pretty much what we really need.  The smaller full bath will have to be remodeled to accommodate a handicapped person. But we have to take possession of unit before doing so. 
I am putting together a list of questions that hopefully will be answered ahead of time. There is a double sink in kitchen of 2 small sinks -- want to know if that can be changed to 1 sink for that area. Will window treatments be installed by condo or must we do so? Another question is if we can hang wind chimes or bird feeders on balcony? Is there a rule against it & seeing we are on 1st floor, the detritus won't drop to uniit's balcony below. 

So it's been a hectic day here. Tomorrow will be better. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I went to Lowes today and bought some moving boxes. I only bought 5 just for starters and to see how they work out. they look pretty sturdy and were very inexpensive.

@viva923, bad neighbors (especially neighbors who have loud, violent arguments) are so hard to deal with. I'm sure you remember when I had the neighbors from he!! across the street. the only solution to that situation was when the main trouble starter went to jail and the rest of them finally left. maybe you'll be lucky enough that yours will leave too.

@JustJazzmom, the condo will be much closer to the grand baby, right? we've never lived in a condo, but I imagine there are lots of HOA rules and it's a good idea to ask questions in advance, as you are doing.

I talked to DD this evening. she saw the docs today and they both told her the delivery date will be either the end of next week or some time the week after. she's coming up for the baby shower this weekend. she's 37 weeks today and she's at that point where she's SO ready to have this baby!

our temporary fall weather has come and gone and it's very hot and humid again. we don't usually start getting much cooler weather on a long term basis until the end of October.

sending big blessings and prayers for all.

here's a Gulfport harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

EF56E9B6-76A8-4879-A4D3-1670E591B36A_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello today

not much right now

hair cut day for me, wash is doing its thingy in the washer.\

have my oatmeal cooling, 

not much else going on this morn.

later guys

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I can't believe what happened last night!  I went to an outdoor concert with a group of ladies and one of the ladies, that I don't know well, got wasted!  Our DH's took us so nobody would have to drive and we can drink but none of us ever gets wasted!  I'm too old for this!!!  I don't think I'll be going to an outdoor concert ever again.  We went to see Lady A, I really like them but the opening acts played for two hours before Lady A came on & it was too long for me, 3 1/2 hours total!  Lady A was wonderful but didn't like the openning acts at all.  Luckily I brought a chair this time, last time, we went to see Train and I only brought a blanket, I'm too old to be on the ground and I can't stand that long!  Lesson learned!  Don't do that again!  There, I hope I gave you a chuckle for the day!

Respected Contributor

AuntG--Going to an orchard is fun!  I don't do windows anymore, I call my window man and he comes twice a year, May & November to do my windows.  He also power washes the house.  I'm thinking about getting a cleaning lady again too.  My DH said our last cleaning lady was a lady but she didn't clean.  I had to let her go, she did a terrible job, felt bad about, now I'm a little afraid to try and look for one.  

Viva--I'm so sorry about your neighbors, so sad that there are people like that in the world.

JJM--Your condo sounds perfect.  I'm sure you can go from a double sink to one big one, the only thing is, they may have to redo the counter tops, which would make it a bigger expense but go for it if that's what you want.  We spent our whole lives saving for retirement, now it's time to spend it!

Someone should give you the book with all the rules and regulations that you'll have to follow.  We have a HOA in our developement and that gave us this really big binder, so we'd know what we were getting into.  So many people don't read the info given, move in and then complain about the rules.  I don't like all the rules either but they are there to protect your investment.  Good Luck!