Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey y'all. we're having some pretty bad flooding all around us, but we're fine. it's a good thing I don't have anywhere I absolutely have to be for the next week. a bunch of roads have water over them.

It's been a perfectly nice & quiet day here. just the way I prefer it  Smiley Happy

sending blessings to all.

here's a Vicksburg sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

fullsizeoutput_29ac.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day all! We just got back from dinner out. The weather now is in the low 20's and will be like that for tomorrow.

It was sunny for most of the day. It's just uncomfortable now outside. We are in for the night, nice & cozy.

Goodnight all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

One of my neighbors brought me roses today. So kind and thoughtful. This has been a very sad week for me.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

will write more tomorrow

super duper busy valentines day dh and I had

see all tomorrow

Occasional Contributor

@catwhisperer  so sorry you have had such a sad week. You have been in my thoughts, thinking back to our many conversations. So nice of your neighbor to bring you flowers. 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Ladies!--Sorry it's been too long since I posted!  I tried to post a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't work, so I gave up and finally have some time this morning.  We've been busy, as usual, it may be winter in certain parts of the country but we've been able to get out most days and do our outside activities.  My friend/neighbor thought it would be nice for us to go out to dinner for Valentines Day together yesterday, so we did, 9 couples!  There were going to be 11 couples but one couple had to go out of town at the last minute and the wife of one of the other couples got sick.  We had a nice time.  We hadn't been out to VD in probably 30+ years or so.  Too crowded.  DH is finally starting to enjoying playing golf again, he hadn't played since before we  had children.  I may try it but doubtful I can hit a golf ball far enough!  I've tried to catch up on some posts, everyone seems busy, as usual.  A good weekend to all!

Respected Contributor

SISD--Sorry to hear that your DSIL is having a hard time, but I think that's normal, it's a shock to the system, even though you know it's coming when someone is sick.  Spending time with her sister, daughters is good.  Is the house that she was living in the house that she and your DB lived in while they were raising their family or had they already downsized?  If she's still in a big house, that would be overwhelming but she should also take her time too.  If she does things in haste she may have some regrets later.  

LLT1--I'm sure you're excited about the move and since I recently made a major move myself recently I have a little advice--Let It Go!  Don't move a lot of stuff to PA, unless there are items your daughter has already told you that she would like to have.  It's too expensive to move it not to use/need it in your new place.  I know people here that are paying hundreds of dollars a month for a storage unit "in case" they or one of their children want it.  It's not worth it.  

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @Hayfield @Will B @catwhisperer @viva923 

E5524B88-C1E6-4A14-8AEE-1BF828B6776C.jpeg

Hope you are going to have a sweet weekend!

@Hayfield 

That is great advice!

We are donating our China and Denby Pottery!

A framed large portrait of DD when she was LaLexi🎀 s age, well we asked and DD said she would like to have it! 

I am thinking I shouldn't have asked her!❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@katte 

i was so glad to read your post about the last doctor visit and your relief from a good report! ❣️

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD 

I like how your day looked on 2-12! 
Very sorry to hear of DSIL but I cannot imagine losing a spouse😰😰😰