Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not sure what is going on but my old lawn man just came to my front door asking to mow tomorrow. I told him we got someone else to mow. new person is 10 bucks more but had to get someone, not sure what my old lawn man is doing. one minute he doesn't want to do it,next he wants to do it. cut my losses and just hire someone new. dh talked with new person last night. new guy will be here come monday  time unsure. hope the new person shows up. did tell old lawn man to be on stand by if new guy fails to show. this lawn business is becoming a nightmare for me. this i want to do it,then getting angry when we find someone to do it, now he wants to mow again

it is very humid today, air is thick,can cut air with knife.

not much else for now,later guys

PS. foot doctor appoint is tomorrow still have hole in bottom of big toe am pretty sure that bone will have to be taken out. UGH!!! it is not that i don't know what that entails know it will have to come out because hole is getting bigger. been there done that with left foot but just the thought of being laid up for 3 months can't walk thingy is going to drive me NUTS.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here this p.m.. took an earlier walk. Still very warm and humid out. Just catching up on my dvr'ed programs.

that is all for now,later

Respected Contributor

I cut an inch off the top of my hair. Looks much better. I sure hope it's not much longer before we get off the naughty list and they open the salons/barber shops again.

My naughty kitty is almost 13 1/2 yrs. old and not showing any signs of slowing down. The boy is wild and crazy! He loves waking me up at 3 A.M.Cat Surprised

Take care all!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer , my sister called to tell me she couldn't stand her hair anymore, so she cut it herself! She sent me a picture, and she didn't do a bad job. The two of you are giving me courage, and I think I might try cutting mine myself tomorrow. I've seen my stylist do it so many times, hopefully, I won't mess up too bad. I've been hearing salon owners out here are mad and ready to defy the governor's orders and open up again. Maybe, we'll hear soon, he's changed his mind. Max is 9+ years old...he's definitely slowing down.

@viva923 , wow! Isn't this the yard man that gave you a piece of his mind for calling him too much? I hope your new guy shows up tomorrow, and you have better luck. Your foot sounds so painful. I'm sorry youre having to deal with surgery again...

We had a quiet day. Talked with most of my family about some things going on. All in all, everything is OK. I hope everyone had a good weekend...wishing you all a safe and happy week!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good late evening/night. 
I actually visited the Wine Warehouse & one of the salespeople helped me make a decision on what absinthe to buy. I haven't tried it yet  I did buy an airline sized bottle of Campari & made myself a Negroni tonight. It was okay. I'll find another Campari recipe to make. 
One customer & I were discussing gins. I had a bottle of Tanqueray in my hand. I said years ago Tanqueray was top shelf, now I hear it's Bombay Sapphire. She went with the Tanqueray. She wanted elderflower but they were out of it. I suggested she look for the airline bottle size especially if she was using a little. 

The baby rabbit visited our yard today. It was a little larger from when I last saw it. It was very warm outside today & I didn't stay outside long.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

we have much happened today

the old lawn man was the man i have had for several years. He began to give me, one week he was working next week he wasn't working, week on week off, he finally told dh and me last week he was giving up lawn mowing.

he showed up at front door yesterday asking for his job back,

guess who showed up when our new lawn man came today, my old lawn man, he spoke to the new lawn man after dh and i went into house. Am concerned that my old lawn man said something negative about us to new lawn man. Dh says let it go, we are paying the new guy to cut the lawn,not the old lawn man. Just concerning.

have to have more surg on right foot, same thing extra bone, 2 bones are coming out in 2 weeks on  thursday

same as what happened on left foot, but right foot has no fusion or other stuff to get in the way, Doctor will just go on side of big toe take out the 2 bones, will be off foot for about a month, so no long walks just walking around house or cull de sac.. no long walks.

ok guys later, dinner is ready

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, hang in there. hopefully this surgery will solve your foot problems. that yard guy sounds a little nutty to me, I would avoid him.

@JustJazzmom, it's hard to imagine that 2 years have passed since your DGS was born. don't blink Smiley Happy

@catwhisperer, you're pretty brave, cutting your own hair! I wouldn't dare, except for my bangs. your boy kitty is probably in his prime. when I was a kid we had a big calico. that cat lived for 22 years.

@SleeplessinSD, yep, that's a baby possum. we see possums at the far end of our back yard all the time, always at night.

did you cut your hair? I have an appointment tomorrow. it's only a 3 operator salon, each in a separate room. and they only allow one customer for each stylist in the salon at a time. and everyone is masked, of course.

DD and I joined WW today. the digital version. I told her a few days ago that I was thinking about it, hoping that it would encourage her to consider it also. the last time I saw my PCP I acquired a new diagnosis, and the only known treatment recommendation is weight loss. DD and I both would benefit from losing a chunk of blubber Smiley Happy

hi to @katte @snardy @LTT1 @AuntG @Hayfield @RetRN 

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have peaceful evening, y'all.

E91E49E9-1DE9-40AD-9568-0E41FA358A56.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle ....I have been cutting my own hair for many years off and on as needed. I wear it very short. Spiky on top. My hair grows faster than weeds, and if I don't keep up on it constantly, it looks terrible.

I don't use scissors, but rather a hair cutting razor. That's how I get the spiky look. If I used scissors, I would look like I had a crew cut.Cat Surprised

Congratulations to you and DD for making the decision to join WW. I wish you both the best.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ...you are beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @catwhisperer , you are beautiful @SleeplessinSD . I like the length of your hair with the shape of your face.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich