Trusted Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

@Hayfield wrote:

Good Morning & Happy New Year!  We never go out New Year's Eve but we're hosting a small dinner party of 8 today, they're coming around 3.  I ordered a Honey Baked Ham, yum!

Snardy--Having lunch with your son's sounds like a wonderful tradition!  I know you mentioned downsizing and moving a time or two and wonder if you're still thinking about it?  

Justjazzmom--We only got about an inch of snow but it's really cold and it's going to continue to be cold for the rest of the week.  I'm working Thursday for a co-worker--yikes, I'm going to freeze but it should be really slow, most people should be back to work or in school by Thursday.

SISD--Is your fire pit one that you had built or is a a portable one?  I've seen a few really nice fire pits on Wayfair and may just get one when we move.  I want to have a fire pit built but I think that my have to wait.  Once we move into the house, we're going to need so many things, like window treatments, etc. but I do want a fire pit!

Katte--How are you feeling?  I hope a little better.  

Mochahoney--I know you said you weren't reading our posts but just in case, I do hope that 2018 will be a good year for your family.  Thinking about your DD.

Hi - I'm feeling pretty good.  It's a slow process regaining my strength after dealing with that low sodium situation that put me in the hospital.  That took a lot out of me, as I was severely deyhdrated.  It's a "one day at a time" type of situation.  I'll get better, it'll just take some time. 

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

Hi.  I have always wondered about this thread as well as a Compact one, but the number of posts was intimidating.  I am glad this is the beginning of the New Year so I can check in each day and actually be able to keep up.  Happy New Year to all.  May it be kind to all.

Honored Contributor

Good morning & happy new year everyone! It is day whatever of life in the icebox! It’s a balmy 18 here. A slight warm up from NYE which felt brutal when I went outdoors. 

Phone calls are done, errands are next. We are sending out a box of jams from Stonewall Kitchen to our son’s GF’s parents as a happy new year gift. They sent us a box of baked goods from Wolferman’s as a thank you for hosting their daughter for Thanksgiving & Christmas. They live in AZ so it’s hard for her to go back home frequently. She’s such a nice person.

Anyway, glad to read @katte is on the mend. Don’t everyone work too hard today, stay warm if you are in an area of extreme cold (NEast)!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@JustJazzmom@hellokitty@katte@snardy

@Hayfield@RetRN

hellokitty2...welcome and thank you for joining us here!

JJM... everyone is bemoaning the cold here... still in the 20’s high will be 27 wind chill 17.

nice to hear that you like DS’s GF!

I am starting my packing to leave for PA...LaLexi🎀 birthday. Looking forward to this!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody is having a good day. Yesterday, I took down my Christmas decorations. All we have left to do is the tree which DH and I will have to do together. It’s good to have that done. It is cold here. Not as cold as the northeast but it’s in the 20’s. I wanted to go for a walk outside today but it is just too cold. 

Hayfield, how was your dinner party? Your food sounded good. I bet it was bittersweet because of your move. I felt that way when we left the house we lived in when our family was growing up. I still drive by there occasionally and I always get a little tear. Such happy memories!  We have put moving on the back burner for now. We’re just not ready yet. Keep warm!  I hope you don’t feel like you have to work! 

JJM, we love Stonewall Kitchen. We sent ourselves some jams and things for Christmas. 😋 Keep warm!

Loves, when are you going to PA? I know you are looking forward to it. How old will LaLexi be? 

Katte, I’m sure it’s hard to get back on your feet after your hospitalization. I’m glad you are getting better Take care. Thinking of you. 

Mochahoney, 🙏🏻  for you and DD. 

SleeplessinSD, has your DS left? I know you enjoyed her visit.  Did you find any good after-Christmas sales? Have you taken down your Christmas decorations yet? I want a fire pit!  Take care, friend. I hope you are sleeping better. 

Welcome to hellokitty2 and our other visitors. 

Thinking of you all and wishing a good new year for all of us. Blessings ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@snardy, my sister left Sunday morning. She had six of her grandchildren over for New Years Eve to spend the night. They’re close in age and love getting together for sleep overs. Their parents brought over the food and desserts, so she just had some activities set up for them to do. She loves having them, and the parents did their thing. We went to Target, Kohls and Pier 1 to check out sales. Most everything was picked over. We got some Christmas paper, bags, etc. I found pretty dishes and towels  at Kohls. Take care, friend and keep warm!😊

@LTT1, La Lexie’s birthday! Is she having a party? When are you leaving? Sounds fun!!🎂🎉🎈

@JustJazzmom, your son’s gf’s family sound very thoughtful. How nice you were able to exchange gifts. 18 degrees...Yikes! I can’t even imagine. I won’t tell you the high it was here today, lol!

@hellokitty, it’s a great time to join us as we start our new thread. No pressure, just stop by whenever you can. I think you’ll like it here!😊

We spent most of the day taking decorations down and still have a little left to do tomorrow. Hopefully, DH will get the tree out too. I was supposed to go back volunteering tomorrow but decided to put it on hold. I’ve got some doctor appts. this month, as well as an appt. to decide about cataract surgery for my other eye. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy day. Again, I miss our friends not posting and send ❤️ and good thoughts to them.

Good Night Everyone!😊❤️

~H~
Valued Contributor

May everyone have a good 2018.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone! We are under a winter storm warning & expecting 3-6” of snow under blizzard conditions tomorrow.

I spent today taking down our front door wreath & removing the lights off of our front porch railings.

I did a final run at the grocery store. That was busy due to everyone realizing  snow is coming. 

I have a loin of pork defrosted for tomorrow. We still have New Year’s leftovers to eat tonight.

Those in the path of the storm, stay safe, warm & dry.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

I spent the day with a close friend. We went to lunch and shopped for Christmas sales. Everything was pretty picked over. We had fun anyway!

I hope I can talk DH into taking the tree down soon. It’s time to move on. Did any of you make New Years resolutions?  I usually don’t, because I feel I’m setting myself up to fail. But I am working on loosing some weight. So far so good. (It’s only the third day. Haha)

😉

Tomorrow, I’m making some chicken soup to take to my friend who has the flu. She never gets sick and she has been so sick with this strain of flu that’s going around here. 

Wishing good thoughts to everyone in the path of the winter storms. 

Sweet dreams everyone 😴 and blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb