Honored Contributor

2 Products that I wonder about- Cover FX custom drops and Isomers immortal line

[ Edited ]

These two products were the buzz for awhile by now I don't hear anyone really talk about them or recommend them.

Cover Fx custom drops- the pigment you can add to your own moisturizers, serums, spf, etc to make your own foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Isomers Immortal (sorry if I spelled it wrong)- came in the vials or tubes, I think you used one vial a week or something...can't remember exactly.

Anyway, does anyone still use these or if you stopped using them, can you comment on why? I thought some had really seen improvement with the Immortal stuff and I was waiting to hear more about the Cover FX drops from many others who were going to try them.

TIA!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Products that I wonder about- Cover FX custom drops and Isomers immortal line

Youtube Beauty Channels talked about the Cover Fx drops constantly and now nothing.  It seemed to be a very brief fad that feels over. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Products that I wonder about- Cover FX custom drops and Isomers immortal line

@CrystalBlue1 wrote:

Youtube Beauty Channels talked about the Cover Fx drops constantly and now nothing.  It seemed to be a very brief fad that feels over. 

yeah, it kind of seems that way, huh?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze I do use my Custom Cover Drops, but not frequently, as they offer a pretty good amount of coverage, even with 1 or 2 drops. I prefer them for evening use. Especially with it being summer. I use some Isomers products, but not the Immortal line. 

Frequent Contributor

I was interested in the Cover Fx drops but I never could figure out which color to choose. Also, most moisturizers are formulated to have a different finish than foundations and it seemd like way too much work to a) find a compatible product and b) mix stuff up on a daily basis.  I can see having some type of product on hand to darken or lighten an existing foundation (my mom used something like that in the 60s) but the Cover Fx drops were too pigmented for that.

Respected Contributor

This product does get great reviews on Sephora's website but I did not like the product. It just seemed to dry my already dry skin and did not like the finish at all. When I returned mine to Sephora, the SA told me that this was a product that either people loved or hated. She also said that it did not look good on her either.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor @coldlake @FUTURE thank you for your feedback. I never did pull the trigger on the fx drops but was fascinated by them. Sounded like such a great idea.

@coldlakeyou made some excellent points about having to find the right product to go with it. I did try some samples and a few of the moisturizers I used with it didn't mesh real well.

I still wonder about the Isomers immortal line.

Frequent Contributor

I used the FX custom color drops for a few months and really liked them. Then I tried Dior Nude Air Serum, which I absolutely love. I have no plans to repurchase the FX custom color drops. Though I liked that it was "customizable," I found that I had to add too many other products to achieve the look and finish that I wanted. And since the drops did not come in a shade that was an exact color match, I had to mix with other concealers and foundations to get the right color. 

...also known as Serena1130
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was mainly interested in them as a way to color correct  foundations that were not quite the right color but it seemed too complicated to figure out the correct shade.  I picked up a couple of samples from Sephora and tried mixing them with a moisturizer, etc but could not achieve a look I liked.  Interesting product but I thought it would take a lot of effort to make them work which is not what i was looking for. 

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze I tried the Immortal line when it was presented with the eye product. I didn't have any real visible results with it. I had it on auto delivery but cancelled it after the first set.