Respected Contributor

chihuahuamom, I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you found this thread. The women here are all so kind and encouraging and everyone understands how it is to walk in grief.

My hubby went Home on October 17, 2010 after suffering from metastatic tongue cancer and Parkinsons. He was under hospice here at home. Monday would have been our 64th anniversary if he were here, but I'm glad he's free of the pain and limitations.

Please feel free to come anytime and say anything. We've heard it all, and gone through the same sort of things as we learn to be half a person. I must say for myself, that it does get easier with time. I have family close by which is a blessing. It would be different if I didn't. I hope you do. Take care of yourself.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi Silkeej, thanks for stopping by and being so positve and encouraging.

Glad you are enjoying nice weather although it does make you do more yard work.

It was 90 here yesterday. It does cool off at night which makes sleeping easier.

Glad you are getting your house in order before the cold weather comes. Smart cookie.

Hope you enjoy preparation for the coming Christmas festivities. I used to make fruit cake and it was delicious, but it's way too much work now. I also had a candy that everyone loves, but nobody wants now since we are all watching our calories. We still do the pumpkin pies and DD will get either a birthday cake or cupcakes to celebrate all the fall birthdays. We will draw names for presents. I need to start decorating. The first thing I put out are Valerie's carolers.

Good to see you,

snappy Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

- I am sorry for your loss, it does help to come here and know your feelings are understood by all of us.

As far as starting a new thread - this one has been going for over a year, and at this point, it really is not necessary to read all of the comments.  Some of the gals do not post here anymore, the one who started this thread has been having computer problems and has been unable to be here.

I think the easiest thing is what Snappy started, with each of us giving a brief description of our situation.  My DH passed away 7 years ago this month from Lung Cancer.   I have a large family 3 children, 10 Grandchildren and 13 Great
Grandchildren.  We would have been married 59 years this year.

Basically we share what is going on in our day-to-day lives and keep up with each other that way.   Mine recently has been a tornado touched down in my neighborhood, damaging my roof, causing a leak in my living room and some other outside damage.   So, 'I moan and groan' (ha) about getting work finished so I can feel back to normal.

We all feel when something negative happens that our Husbands would have taken care of it, but now it is our responsibility.

Please share your information with us -  Family, etc.  We are all interested in you!

Honored Contributor

Kristen's Creations: The Dining Room Dressed For Fall:

Hi Snappy and  Friends,   It's beginning to be a bit more Fall-like here.  May have a frost tomorrow night, but not a freeze, which gives me more time to bring in my house plants and bananas.   Having such sore ribs, I haven't been able to do much lifting, or anything.  

Silkeej,   I'm glad the photo with the two dogs brought back some happy memories for  you.  So often and more often now, it seems, memories of long ago are triggered by a scent, a photo,  a song, a comment, etc.  I love going back and remembering many happy events, conversations, etc.  Those happy times helped make me who and what I am today.  I'm glad to have many good memories and not so happy about the sad ones, but that's part of our lives.   

I have many things, collections, etc. now that I don't really know if my kids or grandkids will want.  I doubt that they'll realize the uniqueness of the many embroidered, crocheted, handkerchiefs that I have tucked away in my dresser.   I have a cute collection of sheep, in various sizes and materials..   Photographs, hundreds of them are now obsolete.  Books, my mom's tiny cups and saucers, fancy dishes etc.  Crystal vases,  I could go on and probably open a general merchandise store.  I didn't even mention the seashell collection from diving.  I never know where to start when it comes to getting rid of 'stuff'.   Things are so different these days.  

Snappy,  I hope you are feeling a bit better about your BF and her loss.  My granddaughters lost their papa last week.   It was hard for them, but he'd been through so much and is now at peace.   I hope your weather has cooled down a bit.  I'm wearing jeans, turtle neck, a sweatshirt over the t-neck and a flannel shirt over the sweatshirt.  Seems like I get colder quicker now days, but I'm not complaining.  I love the cold so much more than hot weather. 

Have a nice Friday, Everyone.  These weeks and months are just flying by.  

Honored Contributor

The New Forest:

Honored Contributor

Much thought needs to be given when cutting from the alder, for they can also hold the spirits of the drowned, lured to their watery graves ...by pinner:

Honored Contributor

Like!:

Honored Contributor

three of orange by geertweggen. @go4fotos:

Honored Contributor

by Дмитрий Власов, Russian (english translation, Bob Vlasov):

Honored Contributor

: