Trusted Contributor

I hope they do whatever makes them both happy - and I would say that if they were well, or not.  However, I wonder if he has thought that she will be responsible for all his medical bills and that could ruin her life for a long time to come should he die.  Sad, cold hard facts,,,but important to consider if he really loves her.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

The family thinks he's too ill.  They really must not like the girlfriend.  He's a grown man and wants to marry a girlfriend of a couple years.  Seems like a logical next step, even if rushed.  It should show them how much he means to her. If the trial doesn't slow or stop the cancer, do they really want his last memories being his family is against his marraige.  They should honor his decision and pretend they are happy for the marraige.

Respected Contributor

My thoughts: the guy with cancer gets to do anything he darn well pleases.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

People can be so cruel.  They really want to deny a dieing man his wish?   Thats beyond cruel and its none of their business.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Why would anyone who loves and cares about him object?  They are a long time couple, everyone knows each other, it's their decision.  I'm going to use my common sense here and say it most definitely is about money.  They might not have money now, as a couple but when he passes there's something that the haters don't want her to have.  Probably life insurance through work which can be substantial.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Mom2Dogs In my never to be humble opinion, it's NO ONE ELSE'S BUSINESS!!

If the man and woman want to marry, knowing the situation, everyone else needs to BUTT OUT!!

It might give them both some comfort, any of those judging them ever think of THAT? No, of course not.

This gets me hot under the collar when others think they have a right to an opinion in a sad situation like this.

I personally would support them and wish them love for as long as they are together.

Perfect response and very well said. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why there should be any question.  He's an adult, he's in a relationship, he's apparently of sound mind, and he wants to get married.  Shame on anyone who brings stress into his life when he is so ill!

I don't care if they're questioning the girlfriend's motives or if they don't like her or if they don't think she should benefit financially or if they feel he shouldn't be making that kind of decision right now.  It's not their life and it's not their business.

He needs love and support, not people judging him and making his life more difficult.  With all of the things that people should keep their noses out of, I would say this is pretty high on the list.

Respected Contributor

It is selfish and unreasonable for anyone else to have a say in this matter.

If two adults, who have been together for seven years, elect to marry then it is their decision only.

Could be it is the one thing on his bucket list he really wants to do.

The heck with anyone else. No one should intervene with objections or negativeness. It should be time to show support and happiness for the couple knowing what could be facing them in the future as a couple.

Honored Contributor

I feel it is their business only, no one eles, and it is very sweet i think.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.