Honored Contributor

misplacing something... and finding it again

About 7 years ago I stopped blow drying my hair.. just let it air dry as I grew it out long.... I put my blow dryer away at the time...

so about two months ago I thought I might pull  the blow dryer out and try drying my hair lightly,  as I read in a recent Koren study saying that it was better not to leave your hair damp as far as THAT causing  damage to the hair....( you can google it)

To make a long story short... I could not remember WHERE I put the blow dryer 7 years ago.. I looked high and low for it...  for days and days... and just assumed I must have donated it for some reason?... 7 years is a long time....

So this morning I am in the bathroom and something suddenly told me to look in a bag I have had hanging on the bathroom door back for  a LONG TIME. The bag contains  odd and ends... hair ribbons clips  and such in it... well much to my joy there was MY BLOW DRYER!!!

I just found it interesting  that that is the one place I never looked... and why I suddenly had  something tell me to look in that bag this morning is a mystery.  The brain is a mysterious thing!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: misplacing something... and finding it again

Found two parts down in the garage last week.

Now I am trying to remember when I tossed the handle. Or is it just MIA?

Decided to just keep the two parts 🙄

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it's like Christmas around my house.  I find so. many nice thing I'd swear I've never seen before. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love it when something just turns up. I lost a watch one time and I looked everywhere for it. I gave up.
Then one day It appeared in my couch where it had fallen into the crevice by the arm of the couch. Good day!
Honored Contributor

I think one sure way to find something, is to replace it!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I think one sure way to find something, is to replace it!  LOL

@qualitygal    I would have replaced it  except for the fact  I had a back up blower in my husband's bathroom...

the one I was looking for was a really nice T-3 brand so I really wanted THAT one.

Honored Contributor

We have a pepper mill. So of course we bought a bottle of pepper corns.

The pepper mill was empty, so we looked all over the kitchen. We looked over several days. Could not find it. So we bought another pepper grinder. 

Well Saturday, I was determined to find the pepper corns. I knew we didn't use them up and it had to be somewhere. I took everything out of the spice cabinet. Not in the spice cabinet, not in the cabinet over the stove, not on the counter. Somehow I looked on the shelf of my husband's collection of honey and there it was.

Not sure how pepper corns got mixed in with jars of honey but at least I found the bottle. Now we have a new and large pepper grinder (7 oz) and a bottle of Pepper Supreme (10 oz).

Honored Contributor

I misplaced my keys once and was beside myself. I looked everywhere, and was obsessed.  That night I dreamed about those darn keys and in my dream they were in my clothes basket. Actually in my clothes pin bag. In the summer I hang our sheets out to dry. Well that's exactly where the keys were, I guess when my mind relaxed all was revealed. Who knows, I'm just glad I found those @#$& keys.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just found it interesting  that that is the one place I never looked... and why I suddenly had  something tell me to look in that bag this morning is a mystery.  The brain is a mysterious thing!  

Now that I've grown old and stupid, I struggle with forgetting where I put stuff.  But as to your last paragraph, I have that happen a lot.  I can look for something and I'll look in every spot 3 or 4 times.   I'm pretty specific about where I put stuff but now that I forget a lot, some of it eludes me.

But I'll suddenly just get a weird flash of where to look and there it is!

This is probably something I go through a couple times a week now.

Honored Contributor

There is only 1 thing I put away for safe keeping, so safe that 14 years later I still haven't found it.

The other thing I put away and haven't found is my hot glue gun and glue sticks.  I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to put it someplace other than my sewing machine cabinet where I always kept it.