Trusted Contributor

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under...I want to get my daughter some malt balls for Christmas.  She loves them.  She loves them from Harry & David.  However their only option is to purchase in some fancy jar that she would never use and the S&H charges are crazy.

I would like to get some special ones. I am not a fan of malt balls so I can't rally taste them to be a judge. 

Are their any brands that you would suggest?? .  I have seen that Vermont Country Store has some. 

thanks a lot...

Honored Contributor

Are you referring to malted milk balls.

Trusted Contributor

Whoppers are malt balls but they are covered in chocolate. 

Nuts dot com has what they call "malt ball centers." They are just the malt with no chocolate covering

Respected Contributor

I love malted milk balls too.   I've purchased them from Nuts.com. They were very tasty.

The price is $9.98 for a 1 lb bag.  The only drawback is their shipping charges are very high.  When I've purchased them I've also bought several other items so I had enough for free shipping.

Their nuts are excellent.  They are always very fresh.  I usually only purchase from them once a year as a special treat.  I don't know if they still offer this but at one time they offered free shipping on your first order only.

I also see that Amazon has malted milk balls but some of the reviews are not favorable.  

Trusted Contributor

thanks...Yes I am referring to chocolate covered malt balls. And I will check out nuts.com

I guess I needed to be more specific.  thanks for all of your help.  much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I used to buy these all the time - can buy directly from Hershey.

WHOPPERS  Malted Milk Balls, 12 oz carton - Front of Package

PS - Got email from Harry and David with 50% off for certain gifts. Doesn't look like malted balls are on sale $22.99

Simply Chocolate® Holiday Malted Milk Balls Jar

Trusted Contributor

I like Brachs brand malted milk balls, but I cannot find them locally anymore.  I find that the "gourmet" brands have too thick a chocolate coating for my taste.

Honored Contributor

Some of the markets like Winco or Sprouts have some pretty good candies in bins.  You could put the malt balls in a nice container, @ruthbe.

Honored Contributor

Look for bulk candy shops in your area.  

Honored Contributor

Amazon has several choices

♥Surface of the Sun♥