Respected Contributor

Re: how many cards have you received to date?

I stopped sending them a couple of years ago. It has nothing to do with the expense. I just don't have the time or, quite honestly, the interest. I may receive a few, but the vast majority of my friends/family stopped sending them out as well. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, Daddy would send out several hundred cards. Many would go to his Army buddies from WWII. I can still see him sitting at the kitchen table writing the cards.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day everyone would send out cards. Cards were so pretty then

The first year I was married ,we lived in town, and  during the Christmas  season we had 2 delieveries of mail each day

I have a couple of cards but, I stopped sending cards years ago. I just didn't enjoy doing it any longer

Honored Contributor

We'vve received three so far, LOL.... last year I was hurting SO bad from a sciatic injury that I only sent  cards and didn't send a little letter with it and was chastised royally by one of our friends.... so this year, even tho we are living in 34 Feet of Motorhome fun (while our house sells) I have composed a letter and printed it out and am going to send cards by the end of the week!  Ho Ho Ho!!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Counting the ones from Chewy.com, the American Heart Association and The Salvation Army, four!  I sent about 20 a week ago.  I make my cards.  Even if I don't receive cards in return, I so enjoy the process of crafting my cards and sending them.

Honored Contributor

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only 1 "personal" card from a friend who lives on the other side of the country.   

A few from "other" contacts (businesses, etc.)

Just about all my friends and family send e-cards.  

Rather than spending money on gifts, we decided to donate that money to charities. 

Valued Contributor

i got 5 so far  from em friends  i do not send any out  i call my family and wish them a happy holiday 

Trusted Contributor

We have received 4 so far.  We just mailed out 38!  In the past we used to send about 50 to 60. Over the years I just stopped mailing cards to new friends and started sending e-cards to them.  Now my number of cards mailed has shrunk down due to people passing away or just losing contact with them!  Merry Christmas!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I've gotten about ten, but only three of them were from friends.  The rest were from businesses, etc.  I only send 15 cards now.  I used to send much more.  I never get many until much closer to Christmas.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau