Trusted Contributor

since i have had my eye operation, people have been so kind in helping me.  but i hate it.  it is not that idon't appreciate the help, it is just that i hate being helpless.

i can't lift anything or see as well as i would until this heals and that will take until aug.

Honored Contributor

I totally understand and I hope you heal completely and quickly.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Be grateful you have help.  When you heal you can pay it forward.

Trusted Contributor

i am very gratefulfor all the help.  it is just that i like to be on the giv9ngend not the receiving end of it

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover i understand..we all like to be selfsuffient.It won’t be long before you can get back to doing things for yourself so for now you can sit back and enjoy the TLC.I hope you heal faster than predicted.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i am very gratefulfor all the help.  it is just that i like to be on the giv9ngend not the receiving end of it

@shortbreadlover 

One of the greatest blessings is to be able to help someone in need.

Let others bless YOU for a change!  Don't steal their joy!  LOL

I am sure you have done for them many times.

I know it is hard when you are a self sufficient type of person, but consider it a gift from them.  Accept it graciously, knowing in your heart that when the tables are turned, and they need help.....you will be there for them as well!

Trusted Contributor

thanks

Honored Contributor

Lots of people have lots of health and medical challenges and obsessing over it never helps.  Just breathe.  Relax and stop focusing on it so much.  That isn't good for you.  You are recovering, everything is as it should be at this point.  Be happy about that.  No one likes needing help from people, no one likes recuperating from any type of medical procedure, no one likes not being able to do whatever they want to do, whenever they want to do it.  You are not alone in that.  But that's where you are right now.  It won't be forever.  August is just 4 months away.  Think about the positive in your life.   

Trusted Contributor

good advice

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

@shortbreadlover 

One of the greatest blessings is to be able to help someone in need.

Let others bless YOU for a change!  Don't steal their joy!  LOL

I am sure you have done for them many times.

I know it is hard when you are a self sufficient type of person, but consider it a gift from them.  Accept it graciously, knowing in your heart that when the tables are turned, and they need help.....you will be there for them as well!

@RespectLife 

Pretty much what I was going to say too! 👍🙂