Valued Contributor

Hello, Hilo......thanks for stopping by.  I am always happy to see your posts.  I don't know where all of our friends have gone.  I have been super busy lately but I, also, have been checking in.  I am hoping to hear from Snappy and MsLomo.  BTW, how is your son doing?

Just to let you know that little Elijah will be three years old in October, and is smart as a whip.  He loves his designer clothes and is usually decked out in Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein from head to toe.  His mom & dad are planning a big birthday party for him next month.  I am looking forward to it.  He is a very loving child, but he is kind of going through the "terrible two's" right now.  He tried to throw a hissy fit this morning but his mom had to put him on a time out.  I guess that we all have to learn what is allowed and what isn't.

A few weeks ago, there was a very touching memorial service for my neighbor, Joan.  Her husband and son seem to be doing okay, and of course, their dog, Sunny, still barks at everyone that passes by the house or comes near me when I am outside in my yard.  

Hi, MsLomo......how are you?  I have been doing a little shopping.  I ordered from ShopHQ three pairs of Jambu shoes--black, gray snake print and one pair of leopard print booties.  I have my eye on a RFID wallet on HSN.  Do you happen to have one?  

Hello, to my dearest Snappy.  Hoping that you will have the time to check in here to let us know how you and your family are doing.

A special "hi" to Delaney, Rowan, Selah, Agnes, QAnu, Bathina, NAES, Lurky and Cute.  Cute, check in, we miss you.

Take care.....

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy:

Good to see a familiar name when I came here today.  I'm not surprised that Snappy hasn't been back since her sister died.  As we know, she has been through so much stress she probably just wants to rest.  Since she and I are about the same age I completely understand how she feels.  I had my own Mom living with me for several years before her death and as she became older she just didn't feel like doing much of anything. Of course, I didn't realize it at the time so always urged her to let me take her out.  Now I understand just like she felt.  It's a shame we don't realize these things until we are in the same place... but that seems to be the human condition, doesn't it?

I spend a lot of time on Facebook....have come across some of the old timers I haven't been in touch with for years and then there are family members I can connect with.  Have spent a lot of time reviewing the happenings of 9/11 ....was crying last night when a related movie was shown....there were so many dedicated Americans killed and wounded on that day.  We should be so grateful there hasn't been another serious attack here since then.  My brother in law who was a firefighter, told me that over 340 brothers died that day....true heroes.

The little ones are so cute at the age of 3, don't you just love to see Elijah all dressed up in the designer clothes?You can enjoy them but don't have the responsibility of raising them....it's all good.  I have 2 great grands living in Dallas,ages 1 and 3 and have never seen either one of them....haven't been on a plane in awhile  because of health issues.  Thankfully there are always pictures.  (I live in Md)

Most of my friends and neighbors are gone now, Issy.  The memorial service seems to be the way most prefer these days.....whatever the family decides to do, I'm all for. It was so hard to have to stand there in  the funeral home, to greet guests when you are  tired and grieving.  I hope Joan's husband and son won't be forgotten...so often people seem to think it's all over after the funeral is over. Little do they know!  With every friend who has died, a little of me went with each  of them.

My daughter lives in Louisiana.  She and her husband were here last week so she was able to go to Hopkins with us.  Rob had the cyber knife treatment last Friday....it was all so simple it's hard to believe it really worked.  Robot targets just the tumor, not the surrounding tissue and the whole process was painless and took only 30 minutes.  He won't go back to the Dr. until next month and then there will be a cat scan to be sure the tumor is shrinking.  Unfortunately, this process doesn't work on all tumors...He has been fortunate as he so far hasn't had the problems during all the process that others have had. But there is still more to come.

Again, thank you for asking about Rob, Issy.  It means a lot.

Best wishes,

HiLo

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Issy and HiLo,

That cyber knife treatment sounds unbelievable ... painless, 30 minutes, and focuses only on the tumor! Hoping and praying with you, HiLo, that the CT-scan will show that the tumor is shrinking. 

Issy, glad you are doing fine, along with sweet, smart (and smartly dressed!) Elijah. Hard to process that your friend and neighbor Joan is gone now. So very sad.

I have been taking a break from posting. Lots to do and never enough time in a day ... but I think it's that way with everyone else, too, these days. 

Take good care!  Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.....so good to see you here.  Yes, we all have a lot of things going on in our lives right now. 

Well, Simone will be off next week---she is moving into her new house, and I also received another shocker.  She is also moving out of the building.  I am really devastated to hear this news.  She is such a classy lady, and I will miss her terribly.  She has been looking for a new location for some time now, but of course, I was in "denial".  Nothing ever stays the same it seems.  My other friend who moved to New Jersey will be coming to CA next month.  Hope to get together with her, although it is a very quick  visit.   

I am hoping that things are going okay for our dear, Snappy.  I understand how hard it is for her right now.  Hoping that she will check in soon to let us all know how she is doing.

Hello to Delaney, Selah, Rowan, QAnu, Agnes, Bathina, NAES and Lurky.  Take care.......

Respected Contributor

Saturday greetings dear MsLomo and Issy:

I wanted to return to respond to both of you for your love and concern for one (me)who seldom posts .  Every now and then I have come back and tried to go through the recent posts but usually do not post much anywhere now except Facebook, where many of my relatives post.  That way, I know the current family news..and see pictures.  I personally find I can be overwhelmed when I get on the computer, since I usually find it hard to get off. An hour can seem just like a minute.as life also does these days.

I hope all the ladies are doing well;   We never know what will come up, do we?

Snappy will return at some point but it may be awhile and possibly not as often. But she is a faithful friend who in the meantime will be thinking and praying for all of you who post here. It is such a blessing to have a few people in your  life who are true friends that really feel your concerns.

Ms. Lomo: Wanted you to know I am praying for you and your husband; what you are going through right now is particularly hard and I hope you have at least some of the support you need. I do understand, your concern as mine, is always there with us.  

Dear Issy: Snappy has said you have been her faithful friend from the start; how wonderful that you have been able to share through thick and thin....hope  to get back here soon too.

Lovingly,

HiLo

Respected Contributor

Dear HiLo,

I really never come here anymore. Time seems to be taken up with other things. I'm so sorry your son has complications. The isolation you describe is completely foreign to me. Can't imagine why, but am glad he is coming along.

Yes, we have to be so careful to not fall. I use the walker inside and out.

My sister's daugther, the one who cared for her in her last years has been in the hospital for several days with symptoms they can't identify. I mean they don't know the cause. She is now at home. Her brother has been living there with her BF. Hasn't wanted to go to work. I'm completely at a loss to know how he understands the loss of his mother and now his sister's illness. God bless them.

The baby on the way is very small. Her mom lost about 15 pounds at first and continues to gain almost nothing. I am very concerned for the little one. Her heart beat is strong.

There is something wrong with me in my throat, or neck or esophagus. Can't  swallow much at a time and sometimes it won't go down. Not even liquid.

Have to decide whether or not to tell the doctor.

I'm tired and continue to have the UTI. My doc gave me some creams that help so much with the symptoms of that. Am grateful.

God bless you and yours,

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Dear Issy,

I'm sure it is lonely here. Things have been hard in our family and I'm not feeling as I should, but am still here, but the grace of God.

The little girls are growing so fast. Star is almost 27 months old now. She talks, but not in sentences as yet. Very smart so sweet and kind and beautiful as a china doll.

Sunny is 14 months+. My DIL takes care of her while her mom works.

The baby on the way is a great concern to me. The doc wants another ultra sound in 2 weeks. She's very small. From what they can see, she is "normal", but there's much they don't know. I'm so heart sick that something might be wrong, but God is creating her as He wants, and it's out of my control, which is a good thing.

Glad your friend has that nice new house. Must be moved in now. Maybe you will get to help her decorate.

Enjoy the weekend.

It's close to 100 today down here.

snappy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Good to see your name snappy. It is pretty quiet over at the widows thread. Hope things are getting better with you all.

Trusted Contributor

Hello, @halfpint1, I hope you are doing fine. I agree that it's good to see Snappy here.

@Issy379, that's a lot of loss in a short period of time. And Simone, too ... oh, no! You're right that life is one change after another, and it's good to be resilient (or try to be anyway!). Are you still with Mr. 6'2"? It's been so long since you've mentioned him (or maybe I've missed it). How is he doing?

@HiLo, thanks for your sweet message. I hope your days ahead will be easier ones.

@snappyfrappy, good to know that you are hanging in there. Is the CMT affecting your ability to swallow? Please go to the doctor ASAP! Something could be done to help you now, including advice re diet, anxiety, etc. 

I imagine that your niece, Shirley's daughter, has had a lot of life changes that have been overwhelming. I hope if there is something going on, they can figure out what it is and fix it. And now her special-needs brother doesn't want to go to work? ... I guess it all hit him ... the loss of his mother, moving, etc., a lot for him to process. As for the baby on the way, hopefully her mom will be able to gain some weight. It's a lot of worry, but hopefully everything will be fine in time.

Will this be DD#2's last year of teaching? Christmas will be here before we know it, and then she'll turn the corner and be in the home stretch.

I feel bad for you that you are not feeling good. I think our "hello" thread has had a great run for many years. It's hard for me to find time and energy to post consistently. I care about how you're doing. Heart It looks as if @cute t is not able to return here very often, if at all. But Issy has been a faithful poster here! Smiley Happy

I'll check in when I can to see who has posted and how they're doing, and I'll post a message. Blessings on everyone and the lovely KS Ladies. Edited to add: and @bathinaHeart

Valued Contributor

Hi, MsLomo.....so good to see you here.  I have been busy at work, and am looking forward to the weekend to just chill out.  Simone has moved into her new house, and it is beautiful (of course).  She has shared some decorating ideas, and for Christmas, she is doing a "Chanel" Christmas Tree!!!  Can you imagine that?

To answer your quesiton about Mr. 6'2"......yes, we are still together.  He is doing very well.  He has been my "rock" through all of the ups and downs that have come my way lately.  He still surfs, and I just watch him from the beach.  We do sort of exercise together, at least I pretend to.  BTW, he bought me a beautiful jade bracelet recently, and I was really happy to receive it.  He said that it was a "just because" gift.  He likes to surprise me like that.  Very sweet.

My friend that moved to New Jersey will be out in CA in October.  She has invited me to a little get together to meet her new beau, and I am looking forward to meeting him.  Right now, the two of them are on their way to Vancouver.  I wonder what I will wear?????  I haven't worn my Heidi Daus Dragonfly Jacket yet.  What do you think of that idea?

I hope that MrLomo is doing okay, and also hope that your son is getting along fine.  I understand how hard it is to post these days for all of us, but I have always appreciated you very much.

Take care, dear lady.