Trusted Contributor

@agnesann, I have not one doubt that you are now well prepared to deal with whatever petty nonsense may await, during your Thanksgiving trip in Denver. Moreover, that you'll protect Jacob from it, too. Yes, it's very sad since treatment is available for those who can care enough to want to embrace growth, peace and love over false pride. 

@Q-Anu, great news on your parents, Nan and Marian! Will she and her boys travel to VA with your family for Thanksgiving? We'll be staying home. I will host dinner here, and Rowan will serve desserts at her house. Josh said Becky is coming here to celebrate! 😍 It will be here before we know it. Fall begins Saturday night. 

35798483-AD18-4A22-9190-AD86E2BAE199.gif

More “normal” rain in our forecast. I hope Isaac goes easy on y'all over there. 

@WaJa61, soon now all of our relatives and friends will know where they stand with regard to property damages. Most assuredly they have insurance, but it may profit a few to just move to higher elevations. Not that disaster can’t strike anywhere at all, but we chose to not live near to any coastline. Just getting too old to deal with it all. Even just this ... been on my feet way too much with the cooking, delivering and serving food to the evacuees. Can feel the tension in my spine, so I'm thankful that tomorrow I can resume my pool therapy.

Did your orchards survive the storms? Sad to say my little apple trees broke, even though Luke anchored them as well as he could. I will replant in the spring. Do tell your kin to stop by, if they like! Lindsay knows the way. The detours are long — adding several or more hours to travel. We have plenty coffee, tea, cocoa and cold drinks, too. Luke is making his famous BBQ for the weekend. We can even wrap up sandwiches to go, if they prefer to keep moving. 

@snappyfrappy, any word back from your eye doctor yet? Hope it's all squared away by now, and you and your DD can enjoy a peaceful, relaxing weekend. 

Chat more soon, friends! 

-Selah 🌻

Respected Contributor

Hi, CUTE....I saw your post on the Widow's Thread and answered it. Wondered why you were there, but was just glad to see you.

Oh, I know you loved the cookout and all the babies. What fun they add to our lives and get togethers. I bought some of the big plastic blocks to keep here so the babies can play with them if they visit, or next month at the birthday party here. My older grandson was 39 yesterday. Imagine that!

How is your DD?

Congratulations to your GD on her engagement. Glad you like the young man.

Hope you and your hubby continue to stay well.

Enjoy the Fun Fest....waving at the crowd like the queen..

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Agnes, thank you for the enlarged font size. I'm using my 15" lap top computer. I can and do have the who picture at 150%.

My doc did call me on Monday. He was unable to meet with his doctor friend, but will be doing that tonight. He called again last night. He's so wonderful to me. I told him I feel like a nuisance, but he said I'm helping him. He has submitted for authorization for me to see him. They told me they would deny that, but the Lord can change their minds and hearts and allow it. They are letting some of his patients see him, and not others.

He said he will call me tomorrow. If it works out, I may see him on Monday. I know my corneas are still pitted.

I'm grateful that it seems everyone came through the storms without loss of life and maybe even property. So thankful you have landed where you feel at "home" and so does Jacob and your hubby.

What a lovely community you have there. It's priceless.

Tonight is Back to School night for DD. It's the hardest day of the year for her. The blend is difficult. The Ks are only there in the morning, but the 1st graders are all day so they eat up the oxygen in the room in the am which keeps her from giving the little ones all the attention they need. It's a hard year. I know she will be more than ready to retire whenever that time comes.

Take care,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dear Selah, thank you for your news. So thankful that your men and the others found shelter during that storm and are okay.

Can't imagine that kind of destruction. I always pray for Samaritan's Purse. They do marvelous work in the Lord's Name and have such an impact.

Still waiting to see how things work out about my eye doctor. He's trying and so am I, but it's in the Lord's Hands where it's safe.

Star and her parents were ill. Her mom had pneumonia, but is better now. Daddy and Star had bronchitis, but are also on the mend.

Sunny was at Disneyland again..lots of pix of her there at their favorite place. Their passes expire in less than 3 weeks, so they are going as much as possible. I think a pass now is something like $1,500 for a year. Per person...oh my.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi WaJa, so kind of you to enlarge that post. I did have to put the screen right up by my face to read the small font, but was so happy to hear from cute anywhere in any size print!

So grateful you are all safe and so thankful that you dear one do so much for everyone around you. Such a blessing to so many, including those of us here.

Love and (((hugs)))

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hello, Bathina, it is hard to see the little ones grow up and away from the closness we once shared. My Gkids don't seem to remember how much time they were with me, but I do. The older one was 39 yesterday! Now, that's astonishing. To him...haha.

I have an app on my phone that allows me to speak with Star, but I don't know how to use it so I don't. They have all been ill, so her mommy hasn't been posting pix. She will be15 months old on the 29th.

I turned on the show everyone is watching just once but it seemed so "dark" and I felt uncomfortable so I turned it off.

Maybe I didn't give it a chance.

snappySmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hello and happy almost fall to all! Woman Happy 

Seems that for now, they have removed the HSN tab that could have been the culprit causing the "Request Entry Too Large" debacle. I don't know.. still not trusting my more expensive, new tablet here. Using the Fire, which I don't favor for much typing. 

Just want those of you with loved ones in the flood zones to know I continue to pray for their strength through faith. I'm so moved how the many, including those here, come together to assist and support the displaced. Just saw on the news the devastation that is still being discovered. So many roads and bridges utterly destroyed. Years of recovery ahead. Safe traveling to those returning to their homes, and I sincerely hope the damages aren't too bad. 

Snappy and MsLomo, you two also remain in my prayers. 

Was very nice to hear from cute! Good news always, and such cheer. Woman Very Happy 

Bathina, all of you girls have tickled me so with what you've shared from your grandchildren! And your theories on the Masterpiece program, too. What a wicked web that is. I have barely learned the characters' names and it's nearly over already. Terrible times for all, and to think.. Nella's own mother sold her off into this mess. If the leaders can catch up to the miniaturist, they are liable to burn her for "idol making"- witch or no witch. But I do believe she must be casting spells through these objects. Must have a vendetta against the Brandt household. 

Joy, here are my boots. Don't laugh, as I feel they are kind of young for me, but the stretchy tops make for ease of getting them on and off. Weather proof and so warm!

image.jpg

Bristol, with ABEO Core orthotic insoles. (Also availble with the more expensive Premium orthotics for those who can do more walking than I can.) 

Oh, what a place and the service there is excellent! The assistant was so patient with me, and didn't try to sell me on anything I don't need. Just got these and the insoles for my rain boots for now. 

I notice everyone's shoes and boots, you know.. since I can't wear many pretty ones any longer. I have picked a few styles out for those of you I know personally. Like a personal shopper, in my dreams! Lol. 

image.jpg

These are for you, Joy! 

image.jpg

Here's a pair for Marcia!

image.jpg

Agnes Ann! 

image.jpg

Anu, out in TX! 

Styles galore for all..

Going down to dinner now. Have a restful evening, friends! 

Love and God bless,

Ruth Ann  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi Anu, happy to know that your mom is taking the storms in stride. I can't imagine living that way, but when it's all you know and you love the surroundings, it must be worth it.

I got my flu shot when I saw my pc doc recently. The drug store is offering them now too.

We had our new front door installed on Tuesday. The younger man, age 21, said his grandma's house back there on a beach somewhere was lost to the storm, and had just been rebuilt from the last one. Oh, my.

Keep safe,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Rowan. I appreciate you enlarging the font size and knowing it's not too difficult for you.

My glasses RX is for my vision prior to pitted corneas. I may need to get new ones for the present conditions and then return to the others as they heal.

The insurance company was billed for $2,000 for the stem cell treatment, but settled for $1,300+, so if I had to pay for it myself, I could, praise the Lord.

Am waiting on Him to show me the way.

My sis has an appointment with her oncologist for the 10th. Don't know if she'll have a scan, but it would seem likely. Praying.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Lurky, so glad you were finally able to log on here. I didn't find those problems, but I don't come here every day now.

Love all the boots.

DD just got home with some early dinner. Has to get ready to go to Back to School night. So tired, and stressed. The blend is hard and the parents have no concept about that and of course she can't tell them.

So I pray the Lord will help her and know He will.

Am going to sign off now and take care of some household things.

snappy Cat Happy