Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Hi NAES, glad you have that great new climate control. Yes, our 30 year old AC is still working. So grateful.

It's 105 here, but nice inside where I intend to stay. Tomorrow will be tiring, but oh joy, to hold that little one. I know I have to share her with her grand aunts who have also not met her, but I intend to hog as much time as possible. I'm already thinking of what to get her for Chritmas. She will be 6 months old then and FUN.

Sounds like you are experiencing a bit of improvement and I pray so every day.

Can't imagine such pain.

We are concerned about when the contractor will actually come and help us with the final decisions and then do the work. Time flies. A few years ago when the family was coming here, I put some crystal dishes and other nice things on the table so they could take what they wanted, and nobody did. They all have stuff of their own. The kids live with her parents, but she used to be out on her own so she has a lot of things if they are able to move to a place of their own, which I hope happens sooner than later.

DD#1 is coming along well after her shoulder surgery. She just had a treatment the name of which I can't recall. They drew her blood and spun it and injected the plasma and platelets into the shoulder to aid in healing. She said it didn't hurt much at all.

She has to wear the brace to sleep and out where she might be jostled, but otherwise, she can take it off unless she feels unsafe. She drove to a bridal shower today.

Sorry you have that wicked humidity. We are blessed in that regard for sure. Dry heat.

Not looking forward to the cardiologist visit. If he thinks I should go off my meds or change something, I will say "no". After so many years in a more or less stable place, I'm not rocking the boat.

Am  hoping the eye doc can help me more. My good eye aches. I mean the eyeball and the orbital bone. Not all the time, but it never did before. DD#2 and I see him on the 17th. She has a freckle behind her eye that they keep checking all the time because she has had a melanoma on her leg. She will need a driver...me...and she can help me with the walker. He's going to cautherize 2 of my tear ducts, and try to put in 2 plugs in the other ones. That hurts when he has to prod with a sharp thing to open them.

@BTW, I don't see the need for the @, So don't be concerned about it.

Enjoy your weekend,

snappy Smiley Happy

I do not believe I will be here this evening when you, snappy, tell us about the wonderful visit with our current main story of your long awaited granddaughter and 'THE' visit, but will read much later tonight everything posted, though. I'll be in touch by tomorrow. I thought of you most of Sunday ..."can only imagine how thrilled you were, also, hope that the parents can bring her to your home often when the contractors are completely finished"~ I am assuming (maybe) they have started by now or beginning to. Appears to be somewhat of a slow start, but it is not remotely close yet for school to start, since you definitely wanted your daughter to be there when the hybrid of different jobs commences.

I have no idea of the _ache_ within the eye other than fluid pressure; I know that is a symptom of glaucoma but had not heard you mentioned anything close to this... Be sure and have the Ophthalmologist to give you some definition - `Why` the bone and eye flare. The proding is making me cringe. THINKING OF YOU WITH 'THAT'. With great faith, I prayerful ask that this solves some of the irritation.

I had remembered when you briefly explained the melanoma last year and understand the concern of [said] a freckle.  Prayerful thoughts are always here. Heart

Viewing the horrible heat's damage(s) in and around different parts of California, especially those without power in Los Angeles. Fires! I thought of you, the geography 1.5 hours away where you were going, and did give great thought hearing of the 98 degree heat affecting your family. I am so thankful that your (what a thrill in learning) 30 year old A/C was still working. "Just guessing the unit was USA made- unbelievable in today's anything electronic lasting that long- however- do not know know where 'my' 16 year old flash back came from?

We have rain, had rain and will have more rain this week with temperatures of 85-88 (today), maybe reaching 90 by Friday. I would love to send some of this rain your way, but actually by late August the rains cease.       H O T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,H O T!

Now... as I mentioned, the humidity, especially from recent hours raining.

If gauge is (thermostat) set at 73, the air is very cold if being downstairs. IF SWEET HUSBAND SAYS TOO COLD THEN I KNOW- cold!  

He loves a very cool to cold room where our entertainment center is- lower level; where the temperature is always cooler below ground. 

@I told my husband you were having 105 -no rain weather; believe he knows you quite well, along with @MsLomo. Told him about Issy's fall- mentioned Cute T's grandson traveling a few months ago.

Your daughter had her blood spun in an apparatus called a Centrifuge, which is withdrawn from her body ( platelets and plasma ) and whirled around for a few minutes until the stem cells are blown up or growth appears, then re-entered into her injured {part} of body...a tendon, anywhere there is musculoskeletal pain, i.e., bursitis or tendinitis. tendon inflammed.

This is a treatment, not popular as popular as those with sports injuries, nor does insurance accept many- Good insurance does recognize [ it ] if sever injuries or chronic pain  (sometimes with arthritis that is so very painful or for those whom cannot take certain rxs. A treatment by letting one's own body's blood heal itself.  She should get some long lasting relief by several weeks, also... ' the reason for bracing'...  that she has available. 

I am not completely here, but possibly will be entertained with PT or a consultation by this week. I know if not healing, then surgery.

"I have to really think that through. I am not contemplating anything close to that, unless hip ...Good grief The Hip aggravation, also the tear, labium/latral/ - OUCH"...!

loving the story to come, later.

Me,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no kitchen visits, here, m u c h~

Esteemed Contributor

oops, @snappyfrappy, 

I meant GREAT granddaughter.

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, I do thank you for explaining something about the HSN and Q situation.

They will have a hard time competing with Amazon, IMO. Free and fast shipping and there's almost nothing one can't buy through them. I'm grateful for that way to shop.

I heard today that there will be good deals on TVs, so my ears perked up. I intend to get a large screen smart one for over the fireplace. Much larger than what I have now, which works well, but is about 12 years old. And that will free up the corner of the room for another chair and lamp.

OH, the whole family was there yesterday. DS had turned their AC down so it was cool inside and I was thankful. I sat in one of the chairs and held that precious little baby girl until people made me give her up so they could have a turn.

She is really beautiful. Some light brown fuzzy hair, hard to tell yet what color her eyes are, but they will probably be blue. Her skin is so soft, and she put up with being passed around like a football with a minimum of fussing. Her mom nurses, so she had filled a bottle in advance so I could feed her. She guzzled it down, gave a nice burp and went right back to sleep. Her little hands and feet seem long and slim. She held my finger and I'll never forget that. I pressed her close to my heart and just drank in that baby feel. Like nothing else. I prayed for her and her parents and talked with her about what really matters in life.

Her mom's incision has been bleeding a bit and I think she sees her doc today, but this week for sure. She probably does too much. She just sat yesterday and slept off and on. My GS changed the baby twice. It was a good day. I did hear a little about what the other grands are doing. I think it was hard for my GD who wants a baby so much.

It's been over 100 every day lately.

How does the finger feel now? Do you ever wear the splint?

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

NAES, makes me cringe to think SURGERY!! Not if possible and that's what we will pray.

Glad you have rain, we could really use it, but it would be a miracle (and we know Who does those).

We have absolutely NO idea when work will begin here. We haven't even chosen the backsplash or completed the design plans. David knows DD returns to work in mid August and that we want it done before then. We have picked out the appliances we want, but can't order them without a delivery date and maybe he can get them at a lower price. We need him to come back and help us.

The kitchen cupboards could be emptied, but I think that overwhelmes DD. She did the one over the fridge where everything we don't want was.

I try to just let it go and if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't.

Thank you for your concerns about my eyes. The doc proded and poked a few weeks ago and got a plug in, but as soon as I got home, I noticed that my body was already pushing it out. That's the duct he will seal closed, and one other.

We only had about a 45 minute drive yesterday. DS and DDIL hosted us. The Lord answered every single thing I asked of him and more. Oh, the baby is so beautiful.

Her sweet little face is darling. I could hardly believe it, but her mom entered her picture in a contest and she won and this week, maybe today they are taking her somewhere to have her picture taken for a promotional for a product, or some such thing. Makes me cringe, but nobody asked me.

I loved holding her, and so did everyone else except the wife of my other GS who refused. I know he would like a baby, but he's known since the start that she didn't want any kids and he chose her. He loves holding his niece. We may not get to see her in person until the fall birthdays, and by then she will have changed a lot. Really grateful for pictures.

DD#1 showed me the incisions on her shoulder. They are healing nicely. The blood plasma treatment seems to have helped her as is the PT and what she does at home.

She looked completely normal. Am glad the surgery is over. Even though PT hurts, she knows it helps in the end. It's very close to her house.

I'm praying for you and Issy to get all better.

See you later,

snappy Cat Happy

HI, cute....

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, so good to chat.. we our in the 80's here and Sunny and a Cool Breeze.. Thank-You for the detail of the Beautiful Great Grand Baby of yours.. SO Very Sweet and yes i LOVE the Baby Smell..

We were to have rain the Forecast but so for None, but Friday WE did get a Down Pour..

Yes QVC and HSN will be one in the Shopping DEPT.. Hopig for Bargains..

Well i shall sign off for now, and get some work done.. THANK-YOU snappy for ALL kind Words.. SO Happy for you and Holding your Great Granddaughter..

Good Night..

Trusted Contributor

Ahhh, thank you, Snappy! I am in Baby Heaven after reading your post! Sweet-smelling and the perfect little weight and feel in your arms. How about her holding your finger? (SWOON) 

I am so happy you got to experience seeing and holding your great-granddaughter in real life. I remember long-ago posts of yours in which you didn't know if this would ever happen. I know you must be over the moon. Glad it didn't take too long to drive there and that the A/C in the house was working fine. What a wonderful day! And thanks for the perfect description. Food for the soul, for sure.

I do feel for the other GD who, so far, is not expecting. I recommend that she get a workup -- there are so many advances in conception. And, should that not work out satisfactorily, there is the possibility of adoption. Best for her to be proactive and make this happen one way or the other! Of course, you are sweet and not pushy or interfering. You can tell her that you would never be that nosy or interfering to say anything, but a forum friend of yours DOES tell you to say to her that she needs to get going on this ASAP, as in NOW. Ha! (Really not kidding although I'm laughing) It hurts my heart to think of her yearning to be a mom and, so far, not being able to.

@NAES1, please keep us posted when you can, although I don't want you to hurt yourself by typing! Also, please be sure to stay out of the kitchen! That room is not a room you should go in unless you are wearing protective clothing -- by that I mean a bodysuit made of innertubes (if they make such a thing!).  If you don't mind my saying, please do not help your DH empty the dishwasher, even if you are careful and even if you get kisses -- yes, even the neck ones! 

Cat Embarassed (I think I embarrassed Sashay!)  Smiley Happy  

Cute t, glad you got a nice cool breeze today. It was quite hot here, and I do not remember any cool breezes when I went outside. I was standing in the sun for just a little bit and had to get shelter. Intense.

Issy, curious whether Mr. 6'2" still likes his Tesla. I am thinking ahead to when I will need another car. By that time, there should be a lot more charging stations. That's what I'm thinking anyway. 

OK, time to run again. A few quick wishes: I hope David the contractor puts some lead in it (as we used to say), that Granddaughter-in-Law does not have to pay anything as the mom winner of the baby picture contest, and that her incision, as well as DD#1's, heals nicely. 

Later ... and lots of Heart Heart Heart

Trusted Contributor

P.S. Snappy, I forgot to answer your question about my finger. Thanks for asking. Smiley Happy I haven't worn the splint in awhile, and I need to. I can't extend the finger all the way straight; there's a little bend in it at the first knuckle, and it feels sore. I will resume wearing the splint at night, and I think that will help!

Trusted Contributor

Hello to All of YOU, just Checking in to give all of YOU a Big Shout Out !! weather here is PERFECT , YES " corvette " weather.. Hoping all of YOU our doing Good..Good Night to All..

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, good to see you. Your weather sounds so nice. It's in the 90s here. So much fire danger, but it's CA in the summer.

DD#1 told me the Q and HSN hope to compete with Amazon. Don't know about that, but maybe there would be some bargains. DD#2 ordered some jeans from them on their prime day at a good discount and free delivery and one pair already arrived.

Our contractor is coming today at 4! We hope he is bringing samples of backsplash tiles and that he will give us a firm start day. Time is flying.

Oh, the baby smell and the soft skin. What a blessing.

Take care and stay cool,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, good to see you. Ah the baby. Nothing like them. The doctor said the mom's incision is healing well but she should take it easy while it does. It's been 2 weeks. 

I asked my DDIL if  GD, who is her child, has said anything about not being able to concieve, and she said no. She's 32 already. For all I know they aren't trying. I'm assuming so since she said at their wedding that they want one or two kids and I know they are getting older. But I wouldn't broach the subject myself.

David is coming today at 4!!!! We are hoping he's bringing backsplash samples and has a firm start date. This may really happen. DD has a great deal on the appliance package but has to order today. So we need to know if he can get a better price or when we should have them delivered..etc. I see them sitting in the garage for weeks, along with all the rest of th stuff. We will look like hoarders.

snappy Smiley Happy