Honored Contributor

I’m in between here;  I am familiar with text speak, but with friends, coworkers, those I see frequently, so short and sweet is OK.

It does seem to me that conversation with someone with whom you speak once a year, especially arranging a yearly get together involving others, deserves a bit more.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  Read the post again.  Doesn't say anything like that.

Honored Contributor

@excpa

I read it the same as @Plaid Pants2-  per the OP, @Mom2Dogs wrote:

I am not the 'actual' grandmother, their mom is my DH's daughter, so I will keep my mouth shut...

Esteemed Contributor

@excpa wrote:

@Plaid Pants2  Read the post again.  Doesn't say anything like that.

@excpa

No, you re-read the post again, post #33.

It says,

" I am not the 'actual' grandmother, their mom is my DH's daughter, so I will keep my mouth shut.."

Super Contributor

@spot555

You are missing the point.  This was not an email.  This was a text.  Emails are in sentence form.  Paragraphs are used, along with salutations, such as Dear Grandma, etc.  NOT texts.  They have a closing, such as Love you dearly, Cindy.  Again, this was a text.  A typical text would read like this:  C  u @ 4.

Respected Contributor

Not missing the point at all....re-read the original post...."email was in spam". 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: grandkids...grrr

[ Edited ]

@terriebear wrote:

@spot555

@You are missing the point.  This was not an email.  This was a text.  Emails are in sentence form.  Paragraphs are used, along with salutations, such as Dear Grandma, etc.  NOT texts.  They have a closing, such as Love you dearly, Cindy.  Again, this was a text.  A typical text would read like this:  C  u @ 4.

The OP clearly said it was an email.  Not a text.   It's in the very first sentence of her first post.