Esteemed Contributor

Re: You're Kidding Me--Unwanted Company Continued!

A lot of people don't like snake, myself included.  But it is what it is.  Try to find out where they came in and seal it off.  No need to freak out.  Here in FL I occassionaly see snakes.  We even had a few baby ones get in the house, but we got them out quickly.  That being said, I think the movie Anaconda is one of the scariest movies I have seen, an oldie but a goodie.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

OMG!! The stuff nightmares are made of!!!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ECBG It's horrifying but your comments are making me laugh too. 

I mean ya gotta laugh so you don't

cry.

@DrakesMomma,

My daughter says the same thing that she's going to "BURN the House Down!" when she sees any unmentionables. (That's what I call them.)Woman Tongue

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

On the other side of the coin, no mice!

I thought you had a couple of pet mice? A few years ago?

Respected Contributor

Lol, I don't even live in 'the woods,' but it's a jungle around my home and hood. I've accepted that I have to share my environment. 

I have to always take precautions for snakes. I have lots of Garter snakes (which I like), but also have encountered Coral snakes (yes, the red and yellow kill a fellow ones) and Copperheads. So, I wouldn't be surprised with a Rattler, either. 

I left my garage door open recently to visit a neighbor. On return, a good sized Garter greeted me in the middle of my garage. Just glad he wasn't a poisonous one. But, hey, it's TX, one never knows. 

Honored Contributor

It's a FULL MOON.....(!!!!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I'm guessing you won't be intruding on dh's privacy while he's in his man cave?

I'd put him to figuring out how these things are getting into the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

On the other side of the coin, no mice!

I thought you had a couple of pet mice? A few years ago?

@Trinity11 

When everything was hibernating, we had Stumpy and Sadie Lou.  They went into the wooded area one warm spring day.

Respected Contributor

I would rather have a few non poisenous snakes than rodents.

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma --had to laugh at what your hubbie said---my DD says that about any little spider that she finds, really any bug she finds in her room. I have a thing about spiders--- I can take snakes, rats, mice---but spiders---OMG!!!!!Woman Sad