Re: You Get One And Only One........

Bacon cheeseburgers! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:
Spoiler

@Desertdi wrote:

Bread

@Desertdi   Yep. Definitely bread. Baskets of bread. Any kind, any wheat, any shape w/ real butter. No margarine as long as I'm indulging. 

@Shanus    Used to make my own challah......but my fingers can't knead any more.   Unfortunately, no "real" bakeries around here, either.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like the majority are favoring (uck) ice cream. Where are all the pasta lovers?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not into sweets, but breads? I'd choose croissants. A bathtub full of croissants. May I add a lot of jars of blackberry preserves? 

@Shanus  I love breads and croissants. Good choice! You may add as much blackberry preserves as you desire. Cat Very Happy

Super Contributor

This will sound completely different but...Eggs Benedict with lots of hollandaise sauce.  I could eat it each day!

Respected Contributor

Hot Fudge Sundee!

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Shanus wrote:
Spoiler

@Desertdi wrote:

Bread

@Desertdi   Yep. Definitely bread. Baskets of bread. Any kind, any wheat, any shape w/ real butter. No margarine as long as I'm indulging. 

@Shanus    Used to make my own challah......but my fingers can't knead any more.   Unfortunately, no "real" bakeries around here, either.   di

@Desertdi    No bakeries here until a German one opened last year...6 months before it had to close due to COVID. They have mostly Danish, definitely no challah. I requested it from the baker, who barely spoke English, and got the "side-eye". Luckily, my granddaughters love to bake and the 11 yr. old learned to make challah...even the one with the fancy, extra braiding on top and round w/ raisins for the Holidays (mouth watering here). Not sure where you live, but I was born in NY and visited relatives before they all moved to FL. Anyway, in NY, they had a sweet butter to put on rolls, breads that I can't find anywhere else. Think it was Breakstone and in a round carton. Do you or anyone reading know what I mean or losing my marbles? 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not into sweets, but breads? I'd choose croissants. A bathtub full of croissants. May I add a lot of jars of blackberry preserves? 

@Shanus  I love breads and croissants. Good choice! You may add as much blackberry preserves as you desire. Cat Very Happy

@colliemom4   Yep. Not the same w/o those preserves. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus    I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!   I'm originally from Chicago, lived 25 years in Los Angeles.   Now retired in Phoenix.    Eventually my Ma moved from Chicago to Phoenix to be with me.   HONESTLY, we drove all over this city looking for a "good"  bakery.   Nada, zero, zip.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥