Respected Contributor

Work at Home - New paradigm shift

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/4/14/21211789/coronavirus-office-space-work-from-home-design-archite...

Good!

Many years ago, I worked with a real nasty fellow.

Everytime I'd go to lunch, I'd have to tell him NOT to use my keyboard when I went to lunch.

Hopefully,  new rules will apply to peeps who habitually come to work sick.

Stay home!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Work at Home - New paradigm shift

Having a cold or Flu is one thing, NOT knowing who has this virus is something else becauise it is so deadly, 10-20 times the Flu and it is terribly contagious.

Go back to work now?  What actually has changed?  WE all stayed home and the curve came down, but nothing else has happened.  That's why when the top business leaders were on the phone yesterday with the President, they said testing is critical to know who has it and who doesn't. Otherwise they are not sending workforces back. 

Honored Contributor

I'll be quite a while until I feel safe getting 3" away from someone's face to do makeup even if I'm masked. Maybe I should start a YouTube channel...very few older artists on there...NOT! 

It could be many months before I feel comfortable even being "distanced" without my mask. 

Esteemed Contributor

I work at home usually. When I do go into the office I sit at a desk the other WAH use. People coughing, sneezing - rarely covering themselves. I see the same person that cleans the restrooms, cleaning the coffee/snack areas. How do I know it's a different cloth used for each area? I've never used the snack area in all my years there.

I hate going to the office as is was before. I always used Lysol or Clorox wipes. I take Airborne or Zicam for a week or 10 days after being in the office.

I won't be going to the office any time soon. Maybe never. Hopefully they won't fire me.

DH works in a hospital. He leaves his shoes outside. Takes off his clothes immediately & keeps them separate for washing.  People are still coming in and people are still dying.

Esteemed Contributor

June 1st is our date to go back to campus. Feeling okay about it, but nothing official yet. Without faculty nearby, I'll be working alone, except for the guy who delivers mail. I'll still wear gloves for backdated mail and stuff. Will bring mask to work with me. My other cohorts will be across the hall. Online summer classes only so I'll be alone in my area and I'm okay with that. 

Funny thing - working from home. The same annoying, high-maintenance faculty whom I connect with in person -- are the same when I work from home. Found myself getting annoyed so decided to laugh instead. Not saying that's the answer to everything. Before you know it, you'll be walking around laughing for no reason. Hope I stop myself before it comes to that. Good luck everyone.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau