Frequent Contributor

Word to the WISE Regarding Purchasing E-Gift Cards...DON'T!....

Being a member of The Q for decades I should have known Better...BUT..My fmily Members purcsed E-Gift cards for my Birthday. HUGE MISTAKE! Trying to Get them placed into My Account, QVC said they had no record of them and would send them to their Financial Dept. within 2 days. I called "Cash Star" the Company responsible 4 overseeing QVC E-Cards and they recogninized that the cards were FINE + called QVC. They too said THEIR Dept. would look into it within 2 days. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Do Not get E-Cards..Place the "Gift" Directly into Your ACCOUNT...Why Use Cash Star? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Word to the WISE Regarding Purchasing E-Gift Cards...DON'T!....

Having shopped QVC for years, I would have expected better -  however, I have never applied for a Qcard nor any of their gift cards.  I just do not see the advantage of either.Still, I do wish they had an easy system for those who do use them.

Overall, I dislike the whole gift card concept whether they are gifts from family or friends when I sort of understand why they chose that gift or they are "gifts" from the retailer when for the most part, I feel all they are is a way to get me to spend more than the amount of the card.  I especially dislike getting near the end of the useful life of a card only to find it next to impossible to spend the final few dollars or few cents.

Esteemed Contributor

Cash is still King!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many places sell qvc gift cards. I seen them at Walgreens, grocery stores.

I won't deal with e-gift cards.

Yes, I actually mail the gift card to the recipient..

Sorry that happened to you, op.

Honored Contributor

I've only bought a couple of QVC's E-cards several years ago for a couple of my forums friends and they had no problem with them then.

But as we all know.....it's a whole different QVC now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

Many places sell qvc gift cards. I seen them at Walgreens, grocery stores.

I won't deal with e-gift cards.

Yes, I actually mail the gift card to the recipient..

Sorry that happened to you, op.

@missy1

I don't look at gift cards that often, but I didn't realize you could buy QVC gift cards locally.

Interesting......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

That's too bad that happened....how aggravating.

Honored Contributor

Send an email or post under customer care to the mods and see if they can help. 

Respected Contributor

@opinionated

So what you are saying is that you have a Q card balance and you want to put the E-Gift cards against your account that has a balance?  In other words you want to use these to pay down your debt?

I understand E-Gift cards for any retailer is for new merchandise and cannot be used against account balances.

Honored Contributor

I think the problem is that you want to use a gift card to pay on your Q Card, a credit card.  I don't think you can do that.  If someone gives me a Macy's gift card, I can't use that pay my Macy's bill.