Honored Contributor

My husband likes these candles a lot in the Winter. So he has purchased a few over the years, always liked the smell and definitely could hear the crackling sound..There was a little black smoke after it had been burning for a while, so trimming the wicks is a must...

We have always purchased ours at The Yankee Store, or our local Hallmark Store, and never had any issues.....

Respected Contributor

@meezercats wrote:
I've been searching for a Fireside scent, which WoodWick makes, but I'd like a candle that has a decent throw.
Yankee use to make one, but they tend to make alot of soot. Thanks for your reply, Kachina624

Yankee Candle bought WoodWick, so I don’t know if they changed the formula. I was in Yankee Candle yesterday, I saw the Fireside candle by WoodWick. 

Honored Contributor
I received a WoodWick candle as a gift several years ago. I don’t recall the scent but it was “fireplace” or something like that. Not a strong throw, but liked the scent and the crackling sound. I have gone back to Yankee as I am finding they have stronger scents now if you choose the harvest and fall scents...the more “ subtle scents” as they call them, have no scent at all that I can detect. Best one now is Pumpkin Swirl. Scents my whole downstairs. I have three of them.
Respected Contributor

@meezercats wrote:
If you have used WoodWick candles, please comment on the throw and if they burn clean (less soot). Thanks.

I have several of them....got them at Meijer's....my son was working there and I'd get them on sale with his 10% off discount!  I have the fireside one and several other ones....they all have burned perfectly.  No drowning wicks on any of them...they all crackle and yep you can hear them! and the scent throw is awesome...fills the entire room.  I do have the large ones....2 wicks to light 17.2oz...about 1/4 inch left until I hit bottom!  Going to go light it up after I finish this post LOL!

I have used many other candle brands and most don't burn this far down...drowning wicks.  I am very happy with this brand.

Honored Contributor

When I was still working I used to buy them in the hospital gift shop and loved them. 

Esteemed Contributor

We burn a candle in our bedroom every day and recently switched to Goose Creek.  Their throw is excellent and there is a wide variety of scents; the best part is that their website has frequent sales and, since I usually buy twelve at a time, they are very well packed and shipping is free (if you buy a certain dollar amount).

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Super Contributor

I just learned of a company called Rustic Wicks that will now be using wood wicks.  You can find them on Facebook and through their website.  They were recently acquited by the folks who own Silly Goats Soap Comany and they actually just moved from NY to KY so they're still setting up shop.  I like the idea of handcrafted candles so I'll be keeping my eye on this brand.  Already love their goats milk products Heart

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

I bought a few WoodWick candles, they have a wonderful cold throw, but really do not have as strong of a smell as I like when they burn. I have one right now scenting my closet, but didn't bother burning it. I do find the wick burns evenly.

Valued Contributor

I used to love Woodwick candles, but they put off so much soot that they were ruining my walls and ceilings. Also, they discontinued my favorite scent, “Tabac.” Recently, my local Walmart started selling these candles as well as wax melts, so I purchased a few of the melts which last forever. I like “Redwood” and “Sand and Driftwood.” I’ve really found that melting wax is a much healthier way to scent my home. Flameless candles can provide the ambience.