Frequent Contributor
If you have used WoodWick candles, please comment on the throw and if they burn clean (less soot). Thanks.
Honored Contributor

I had a couple when they were a new product and found them to be very insatisfactory.  They burned unevenly, didn't stay lit, and had little scent.  Nothing good about them but maybe they've improved.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor
I've been searching for a Fireside scent, which WoodWick makes, but I'd like a candle that has a decent throw.
Yankee use to make one, but they tend to make alot of soot. Thanks for your reply, Kachina624
Esteemed Contributor

my DIL's favorite winter candle is BBW's Marshmallow Fireside....don't know how much 'fireside' it has.....

Trusted Contributor

I just use their melts which are wonderful. Right now I'm using Redwood. It's a very woodsy mountain smell. I love it.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of these candles, as I find them to be overpriced.  You can get good quaity candles at Big Lots at a fraction of the price.  WoodWick candles do not burn evenly for the price you pay.

Honored Contributor

A found quite a few for several dollars each at Target one year. They were all some sort of pumpkin scent and they smelled great. Most of the time they are overpriced though IMO. If you find one for a good price sometime maybe you can try it like I did. I can't recall it putting off a lot of soot but it's been a while since I've used one.

Respected Contributor

@meezercats wrote:
I've been searching for a Fireside scent, which WoodWick makes, but I'd like a candle that has a decent throw.
Yankee use to make one, but they tend to make alot of soot. Thanks for your reply, Kachina624

@meezercats  I too like the fireside scents, always searching for one. I found a great wax melt on Amazon called Campfire and that is just what it smells like. No soot with the wax melts.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WoodWick Candles

[ Edited ]

@meezercats 

I tried them several times, and DH bought me some for my birthday and Christmas.

Without exception, they were a fail.

The wick would drown or just not burn properly.  Most candles were unusable after a couple of burns.

As to the "crackling" sound they pushed in the beginning,  I have what my husband calls "dog ears" in that I hear everything.  If those candles crackled, I never heard it.

I cannot remember if the throw was good as I rarely burned them very long.

I wouldn't buy them again.

Honored Contributor

Re: WoodWick Candles

[ Edited ]

@meezercats -

These are my favorite candles!

If I could have the Redwood one all year long I would be happy. It to me has a fireside smell, very soothing and comforting.

I don't notice any soot and it always fills the room with scent.

(I agree that yankee candle has a lot of black smoke coming out).

I have always had them burn evenly.

The only time I had a problem was when I bought one at Marshalls, I think it was. It kept going out, I returned it and the same thing happened to the next one. So I don't know what happened there.

I try to wait til I see them on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond, and use their 20% off. I've never found a scent I like as much as Redwood.

I'm really surprised at the negative reviews here. I just got one a few weeks ago and recently before that.

Maybe it was a bad year those times they didn't work well or something.

I wonder if ones bought at Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc were ones that had sat out too long or were knowingly bad.

I always hear the crackle.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"