Esteemed Contributor

Re: What two places (or types of food) would you want to eat out at?

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

When eating out I like to choose foods that I do not cook - ever

So Chinese food is the first choice.

We love Pad Thai - egg rolls - fried rice and there are so many options to try.

We also love stuff like Chicken wings (Never cook them any more.

The other thing is Pizza, flat breads that type of stuff but that is usually something we would order for a group viewing - like a football game or movie or even a favorite TV show. 

Honored Contributor

We do not like to eat out. Sevice is usually poor and DH feels that food handling is not healthy.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Oznell LOVE the mushroom ravs at Olive Garden, it is the only thing I will order there.

Honored Contributor

DH loves the chains, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc.  Having lived in NYC, LV and now Chicago I consider chains "road food" places to eat when we're traveling and not familiar with local restaurants.  Nothing wrong with their food, I just prefer to eat at restaurants that can't be found in other cities.  Support the local economy!!!

I agree that I order food that I don't make at home.  Scallops, crab, shrimp or any type of ethnic food, Mexican, Thai, Chinese.

Honored Contributor

Being on the Gulf Coast, there are many good seafood restaurants.    We find many of the family owned local restaurants have gone out of business.    The next generation just doesn't want to carry on.

And if it's a really successful restaurant, they franchise it out.   I guess that's the best way for the owner to make money rather than sweating it out 12 hours a day in a restaurant.

There's one The Shrimp Basket I need to try some different items when I go.    During Lent, they offer all you can eat fish every day.

Metro Diner is another "chain", more like a franchise.   It's like an upscale Waffle House, diner style restaurant.   Started small.

Honored Contributor

We usually eat out once or twice a week. Hubby loves Chain restaurants and his favorites are:

Chili's

Texas Roadhouse

TGIF

I like those well enough, but my favorites are local places specifically:

Old Madrid-Great Spanish Food!

Sticky Rice- Fantastic Thai Food

Shogun- Japanese food, excellent!

It is easy to get into a Food Rut, if you aren't willing to try new places...I had to get my husband out of that habit, and now even though he still loves his Chain Restaurants best, he will venture out and try others.......

Honored Contributor

Rusty Rail Brewing Company & Restaurant (an awesome restaurant in central PA; renovated brewery and restaurant in historic building)  Cider Brine Pork Chop

Longhorn Steakhouse

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Love really good, expertly prepared Mexican food.  Hard to find here but we've managed to find two restaurants we love.  Not chains either....

But one of my favorites down in San Diego was Pollo Loco, I just love it even tho it's a fast fooid chain.  Haven't had it in 7 years.....  we may have to travel back down there just for a "fix" (uness it's degraded)..... Woman Wink    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u I love your signature . There's a lot of truth in what you say. Wow! I needed that today.

Honored Contributor

I can't name just two.  It depends on what I'm in the mood to eat.

I'm lucky ... there are several family owned restaurants in my neighborhood.  One Belgian place has the best salmon burgers (not to mention the Belgian beer!).  And, it's just down the street.

Diner on the other corner has greet pastrami and corned beef.  We stop at the diner most often.  

Filipino restaurant a block away and across the street ... great food.  I'm a big fan of lumpia.

Mexican restaurant around the corner ... I think it's part of a chain.  But - good food.  

Then, there's Chinese.  Big fan of Chinese food.  There's a Chinese restaurant about six blocks away.  There are Chinese restaurants all over the place here.

What I would like is an Indian restaurant that's a bit closer.  Closest one is several blocks away.  (But, I've learned to cook some Indian dishes ... it's not that much of a loss.)