Esteemed Contributor

SHABBAT SHALOM, HAPPY WEEKEND, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe the Sabbath, and a very happy New Year to all who post here.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

To those of you in the midst of stormy weather, may it soon get back to normal! We just had a blizzard, with over a foot of snow dumped on the ground, gusts up to 50MPH, and sub-freezing temperatures. Today it went UP to ten degrees UGH! I heard that the south is in a deep freeze as well. It was snowing in Tallahassee!

I wish everyone here a very happy and healthy New Year, 2018. Can you believe it's 2018 already? That number sounds alien to me! Just yesterday it was the millenium, and now we're well into the 21st century.

"Remember, the new year is a song not yet sung, a breath not yet taken, a path not yet traveled, and a day not yet lived.  Things haven’t happened yet, and before the clock strikes twelve, remember that you are blessed with the ability to reshape your life any way you like. The new year is yours; enjoy every moment!"

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. 

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders dig deep to find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad, spouse, and children are healthy, and/or recovering.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Wishing you all the very best that life has to offer. A happy and healthy weekend to all, and Happy New Year to all!

Sunny 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM, HAPPY WEEKEND, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Shabbat Shalom, and a happy, healthy, WARM weekend to all.

I hope that all of the posters who live in a storm area manage to dig out and de ice soon.

Happy New Year!

Lechat

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year to all on this board.  Wishing good health and happiness to everyone. Hope that it is also a prosperous New Year too.  And please remember all our animal friends.  Hugs to all of them too!  

Honored Contributor

Goiod Shabbos from the forzen wasteland, stay warm and safe!!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Good Shabbos and Happy Weekend!  Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

For anyone in  tundra-like  weather, stay safe, warm and cozy.

Thank you Sunny for this inclusive, kind thread. Smiley Happy

My son's flight this morning was canceled due to yesterday's weather.  He'll be going back to Chicago on Monday. I am grateful for the extra days with him. Heart

Today is National Whipped Cream Day.  Tomorrow is National Shortbread Day. 

How about a cup of hot cocoa topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a cookie?    Mangia! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3O1eYV3VaKk/URXieKg1_2I/AAAAAAAAIMU/46v_WvcTGKo/s1600/have+a+happy+winter+weekend+2.gif

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, and bracing for a frigid weekend.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I am hoping everyone is safe and snug in this terrible weather on the east coast.

We had a smidge of rain yesterday, just enough to rinse the ash off of the trees. 

Hope this is going to be a better year. We need more peace, courtesy, kindness, understanding and empathy. 

Donna, Your idea is perfect! Sounds heavenly.

xoxo, henny

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  For those of you who are suffering through freezing and snowy weather, please stay safe and warm.  Wishing all of you good health for the new year. 

Honored Contributor

Apologize for coming late to the “party”. Shabbat Shalom to all my Forum sisters.

Been stuck inside while upstairs furnace replaced. No heat up there for 2 wks. Understandably, first on the emergency list are those with no heat at all. Since our master bedroom is on first floor, we’ve kept warm with the help of 2 fireplaces. The cold air began creeping down the two stairways last week. 

Everyone stay warm and safe and think about the sunny days ahead. 😄