Esteemed Contributor

Re: What to do, I am confused, I always want to do the right thing to help others

@Moonchilde wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

OP: What the heck are you talking about?

She wants people to ask exactly that. 

Well then, maybe we should stop being willing participants in her game, myself included.

Until she spells out exactly what she means, maybe it would be best if we didn't respond to her.

That way she will have no one to play with.

Honored Contributor

Re: What to do, I am confused, I always want to do the right thing to help others

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

There is not a confrontation that cannot happen without opinions.

If you are a conservative or not...

There are going to be changes, how do we start the conversation?

I am sorta scared what the future might hold for us all.

I was raised a certain way, that does not mean at all points and situations that have been presented to me that I do not understand both points... I try to look at both sides.

For sure it is a confusing time for us or I should say me.

However we ask for guidance, I am sure might help us all.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows Heart 

***************  If I am understanding you right....you would like to say more.  You  can already see things aren't going so well and people are already irritated.  Maybe it would be best to go somewhere where you could explain what is bothering you in more detail.  With all due respect, I think you would be better off that way.  Of course, it's not my decision to make.  Mom always told me....."When in doubt....don't".

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

Well then, maybe we should stop being willing participants in her game, myself included.

Until she spells out exactly what she means, maybe it would be best if we didn't respond to her.

Because whether you or I or a few others understand what's going on and don't feed the OP, others invariably will take such threads seriously and run with it. It's human nature. All we can say is that *we* didn't feed the thread. But rest assured, others will...always.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There is not a confrontation that cannot happen without opinions.

If you are a conservative or not...

There are going to be changes, how do we start the conversation?

I am sorta scared what the future might hold for us all.

I was raised a certain way, that does not mean at all points and situations that have been presented to me that I do not understand both points... I try to look at both sides.

For sure it is a confusing time for us or I should say me.

However we ask for guidance, I am sure might help us all.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows Heart 

Mean what you say ... and say what you mean.   If I had to guess, it seems like someone is asking you to change your religion for them before marriage!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

Because whether you or I or a few others understand what's going on and don't feed the OP, others invariably will take such threads seriously and run with it. It's human nature. All we can say is that *we* didn't feed the thread. But rest assured, others will...always.

***********  There have been things here that have happened starting many years ago that have been heard by many of us.  When one knows there is and has been a serious ongoing problem....one should take that into consideration and error on the side of kindness.  If it is that bothersome to some....why don't they see it and leave?  There always seems to be several that think they know what's on the train because they have seen what's in the baggage car.  Maybe you haven't seen everything there is to see and maybe I haven't either.  That is beside the point.  Why can't some things just be "let go"???????

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

***********  There have been things here that have happened starting many years ago that have been heard by many of us.  When one knows there is and has been a serious ongoing problem....one should take that into consideration and error on the side of kindness.  If it is that bothersome to some....why don't they see it and leave?  There always seems to be several that think they know what's on the train because they have seen what's in the baggage car.  Maybe you haven't seen everything there is to see and maybe I haven't either.  That is beside the point.  Why can't some things just be "let go"???????

Why must there always be the requisite nannies who see fit to tell others how to respond/not respond/behave/think/feel?

Because that's human nature too :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  I am 65 and the world I once knew just does not exist anymore.  I do feel isolated often.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@asoutherngirl wrote:

Couldn't agree more.  I am 65 and the world I once knew just does not exist anymore.  I do feel isolated often.

@asoutherngirl

I would like to thank you for your reply, please do not feel isolated, we all start conversations in different ways.

Welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy it here. Smiley Happy

Sometimes you need to have a thick skin, and try not to take negative comments personal. (saying this also to myself) Smiley Wink

We all have an opinion's, and if anybody agrees or everyone disagrees that's all right!

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

not sure what you are trying to get across.  If you are referring to the current politics in this country what does any of that have to do with doing the right thing and helping others?

@KathyPet

I have some friends and relatives that own small businesses, they are helping the economy in their own way.

They are wondering now if its all worth the money and time away from home.

That is what I mean by helping others.

I sure hope that explains it better.

Thank you for listening and responding, this is how we get the conversation started.

@sunshine&rainbows

I wanted to make a brief comment on owning one's own business vs. working as an employee for someone else. 

I don't believe it is a matter of being easier being an employee for some folks.  In other words, perhaps the extra hours are worthwhile and those owners get much more satisfaction from their businesses than they would if they were employees elsewhere.  I mean satisfaction beyond a paycheck.

As to voting to support those who own small businesses, that is a different question, and I don't think the answer can be had here.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach

Hi, hope this finds you well.

Yes you are right about being an employee vs employer, they definitely want the latter, that they have worked so hard for.

Thank you for your perspective.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

P.S. I have respect for you and the women on this board, highly successful, careers,  well educated.

I feel incompetent when I compare myself.

I have lost confidence in myself since I lost some of my family members.

I miss my mom... our conversations, her voice