Respected Contributor

Re: What "poor man's" meal would you continue to make if you had a million$$$$?

Nothing.  I would never cook again.  I may ask my new cook to whip me up some chicken and dumplings.  

Trusted Contributor

If I had the money I would have a chef for sure however I would always want a cup o noodles/Ramen periodically. I know they are not good for you at all but I eat one every now and then. I will always eat peanut butter. 

Respected Contributor

I will always welcome a grilled cheese sandwich (cut on the diagonal of course ) and a bowl of tomato soup to dip it in. Happy me.

Eric Akis: Tomato soup with grilled cheese a match made in heaven -  Victoria Times Colonist

Esteemed Contributor

First, I don't consider what DD eat now poor man's food.  Baked/roasted chicken, pork chops, beef stew, salads etc. to me are regular people food.

Second, no amount of money will make me want escargot, pate, cavier etc. which is what I assume most would think of rich peoples food.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd still eat things like Ramen Noodles, Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans,  etc. regardless of the size of my net worth.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

@panda1234 

I frequently fed this to my little daughter. She was very picky and would eat this. Not that easy to find here in Southern California, but I search for it and use it now in my soups.

My dh  never heard of it lol

But then I never heard of summer sausage either!

@Flatbush I do not know why it is hard to find. When I do see it I get several boxes. Amazon sells it but it is$$$$.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen  I ordered one of her cookbooks on Amazon. It will have some of her stories in it as well. Looking forward to getting it next week. 

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 

I got one too a few years ago...it's on my shelf of favorite cookbooks...I think you'll enjoy it...( the one with the red cover!)

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@panda1234 

I got one too a few years ago...it's on my shelf of favorite cookbooks...I think you'll enjoy it...( the one with the red cover!)

@Othereeeen That's the one I got.

Honored Contributor

We do not eat ‘high on the hog’, we don’t eat meat at all.

Would continue to eat as I do now, but someone else would do the cooking and cleaning.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras